Old July 24th 03, 04:12 PM
Hakan Sart

Default Openings in Bronstein 1953

Hi together,

my question is about the allocation of the openings in Bronstein's
famous book Zuerich 1953. Can anyone list the number of the specific
openenings in this book ?

e.g.:

Sicilian = 10 games
Nimzo-Indian = 15 games
Spanish (Ruy Lopez) = 10 games and so on.

Thanks in advance,

Hakan Sart
Old July 24th 03, 06:38 PM
Derek

Finally, a meaningful post in this newsgroup!

Catalan - 4
Nimzo- Indian - 42
English - 7
Ruy Lopez - 10
Benoni - 3
King's Indian - 46
Queen's Gambit - 25
Reti - 9
Gruenfeld - 8
Queen's Indian - 16
French - 6
Old Indian - 6
Sicilian - 23
Caro-Kann - 2
Dutch - 3

Statistically, KP openings made up 19.52%, QP openings 72.85%, and
other openings were 7.62%.

Great book, by the way.

Old July 24th 03, 08:58 PM
EZoto

Nimzo- Indian - 42

King's Indian - 46

I was surprised by this number. I thought the Nimzo was played much
more than the King's Indian. Just never bothered to count.

EZoto