Old March 4th 05, 07:55 PM
DDEckerslyke

Default emailing fritz/chessbase games

I run a website for our chess club. So far people have been emailing me
games either as a text file, which is a bit laborious for them to type in,
or, once they have played it through, as pgn which is very easy to work
with. This week I suggested someone play through their game on Fritz and
then email it to me rather than typing it out by hand. They sent me the cbh
file, which, aiui, is a header file, and that didn't work. Is there a way of
playing through a game in Fritz to generate the moves and then email it?

TIA

Old March 5th 05, 10:12 AM

You can send the "game to clipboard" and then paste it in the email...

I think that might be what you are asking for...

Old March 6th 05, 02:39 AM
David Vancina

DDEckerslyke wrote:
I run a website for our chess club. So far people have been emailing me
games either as a text file, which is a bit laborious for them to type in,
or, once they have played it through, as pgn which is very easy to work
with. This week I suggested someone play through their game on Fritz and
then email it to me rather than typing it out by hand. They sent me the cbh
file, which, aiui, is a header file, and that didn't work. Is there a way of
playing through a game in Fritz to generate the moves and then email it?

TIA

I'm pretty sure Fritz let's you save a game as a .pgn too.
Alternatively, I believe Chessbase offers a free reader that would allow
you to read the .cbh file, and Winboard deals in PGN too. Finally, I
own Fritz 8, but find Winboard to be more friendly for the kind of thing
you're describing. Fritz's UI has proven hard for me to get my head around.
Old March 6th 05, 09:15 AM
DDEckerslyke

Thanks. That works fine. It'd be nice to be able to receive the cbh, cbg etc
files as a functioning package but it seems this is the only way round at
the moment.

cheers

dd

ps.com...

Old March 6th 05, 09:45 AM
HD

DDEckerslyke wrote:
Thanks. That works fine. It'd be nice to be able to receive the cbh, cbg etc
files as a functioning package but it seems this is the only way round at
the moment.

cheers

dd

wrote in message
ps.com...

You can send the "game to clipboard" and then paste it in the email...

I think that might be what you are asking for...

A simple one from the helpfile:

"Archive database

Menu: Tools – Database – Backup Database (or Ctrl-Z)
Click this in the database. This will compress all the files that make
up the current database and put them into a single “archive file” (with
the ending .cbv).

All ChessBase programs can open and unpack these archive files into a
normal database.

Archive files are compressed and can be sent as a single file by email.
They are also the best way to publish games on the Internet."

HD

Old March 7th 05, 01:35 PM
LuisMorales

ok