Old June 14th 05, 12:38 PM
Hisrook

Default play computer - UPDATE - Game Posted

Back on 5/23/05 I posted an invitation for someone to put their computer up
against my strong and "secret" computer. Now that I have played Mike B's
Excalibur Ivan - I am revealing the computer name and posting the game (with
Mike B's blessing). I played with the Nintendo 64 - Virtual Chess 64. A
very strong program. Ah... it's old game platform you say? But it is
still a strong program. It beat Mike B's Ivan. The thing is Mike had Ivan
set at a lower level. he wants a rematch with his highest level set. This
should be interesting.

Below is the game posted. You may copy the game into pgn format for
computer viewing (example - using Winboard).

We thought that the Virtual machine made a mistake at 10. c4 where he lost
some material - but later it turned out this may have been planned.
Virtual gained material back at 20. Nxh8. We also thought Virtual had a
clever mating scheme starting with sacrificing his Rook at 35. Rd1+ then
after 35... Bxd1 mate in two moves. Do you see it.?

Any comments on the game? If you would like to contact Mike B - he is at

[Event "Computer game"]
[Site "KENTUCKY-WASHINGTON"]
[Date "2005.06.10"]
[Round "-"]