Old June 9th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

Default IS USCF killing correspondence chess?

Not a word about correspondence chess in the June 2006 Chess Life, except a
half-page ad in small typesize for their CC tourneys in the back.
Scuttlebutt says that Alex Dunne's column has been cancelled, as well as
Larry Evans column. In addition the type size is much too small to be
legible throughout the June 2006 Chess Life, which is a very amateurish
production by non-professionals. There's nothing of interest in the magazine
for me to read now, even if I could (I can't, the typesize is too small).
Plus... USCF game result confirmations are late again (over 30 days), games
with unrateds haven't been rated for over 6 months, CC ratings are over a
year out of date on the Chess Life label and in the lists such as "top 100",
etc. Everything points towards USCF killing correspondence chess. My
personal opinion is that the new USCF Exec Director and Chess Life editor
are not good for the organization and should be replaced ASAP.
--
abc123