Old January 23rd 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

Default Online free and interactive chess - where?

Where on web can I find some realy free and browiser based

interactive chess (like instantchess )?

p.s. instantchess is not free

Thanks.

Old January 24th 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

Greetings,

I am not familiar with instantchess, but from the looks of the website, it
is similar to Pogo's Chess server
(http://www.pogo.com/home/home.do?sls=2&site=pogo). I have found Pogo's
Chess to be a nice place for some casual, rated games. However, the best
place for free chess is FICS (http://www.freechess.org/). It is COMPLETELY
free. However, if you do join, I suggest you download the Babas chess
interface (also completely free) as it makes using FICS much easier and more
enjoyable (http://www.babaschess.net/default.asp).

If you like correspondence chess, the best site for free games is Red Hot
Pawn - albeit, they offer a pay membership too.
(http://www.redhotpawn.com/). A completely free chess server is Net-Chess
(http://www.net-chess.com/). My favorite correspondence chess server is
Chessworld.net (http://www.letsplaychess.net). You do have to pay, but at
$28 a year, I think it is a bargain.

Hope this helps!

Cordially,
Scott
"But you, O Bethlehem Eph'rathah, who are little to be among the clans of
Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel,
whose
origin is from of old, from ancient days." ---Micah 5:2

Old February 8th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

try www.ch3zz.com

it's still a bit buggy caused by my lack
of time, but i hope i can fix it soon.
i am just a one man army, so don't judge to hard.

it's flash-based. so you probably won't have to
install anything as most computers already have it.

also, there are a lot of things which are not
included yet, but planned. like a more intuitive and
easy-to-use community-system.

have a look.
and then have a look again soon.
and then again a little later.
thx
Old February 9th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email
Stu Stu is offline

On Jan 23, 11:26 pm, "Scott Tortorice"
wrote:
[...]

Try my very small quiet totally free chess club at http://chess.stumegan.net.
I am looking to add a few more members. We are a slow paced, mature
fully featured site. No ads, no fees, no gimmicks. nothing but quiet
games of chess.

Old February 9th 07, 06:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

Greetings,

Sounds nice! I took a look and it seemed even better! As soon as I get my
list of existing chess games under control, I think I'll join!

BTW: Are you using a Mambo interface for the site?

Old February 9th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

Greetings,

Also seems very nice! How do you fellas find the time to program this
stuff??? LOL! My pathetic little Tripod chess site seemed to take an
eternity to get off the ground. :-)

http://wargamerscott.tripod.com/swor...eld/index.html

Old February 17th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

Try FMO CHESS CLUB at chess.stumegan.net.