Old August 20th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

Default Anyone up for a game?

So does anyone still play chess by e-mail or has this newsgroup been
deserted or become a spam haven?

--
Mark R. Cusumano
eMail:

Old August 20th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

"Mark R. Cusumano" writes:

So does anyone still play chess by e-mail or has this newsgroup been
deserted or become a spam haven?

I never really did play by e-mail, but for the sake of the USENET, let's
do it. I'm going to be white so that we start right away. I see you
posted it today, so that's good; you're still around probably.

Shall we decide on a notation? You probably will suggest the algebraic
notation, but let me suggest the full algebraic notation or whatever is
called. The full algebraic notation would be the one in which you state
the square you're in and the square you're going to.

So I start, right?

1. e2-e4.

--
Your turn.
Old August 21st 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

"Mark R. Cusumano" writes:

[...]

So I start, right?

1. e2-e4.

I just read the FAQ of this group. Is this just a meeting place for
players? It would be nice if we replaced e-mail by the USENET
itself. Besides, I don't have access to my e-mail from where I am, so I
wouldn't be able to play by e-mail.

--
Can we do this?

This newsgroup is pretty dead so I don't see who would complain. Beside
it might generate some interest.

Agreed.

--
It's your move. :-)

Old August 21st 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

1. e2-e4. e7-e5 (if I remember my algebraic notation correctly that
should be p-K4)

It's your move. :-)

Old August 22nd 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

"Mark R. Cusumano" writes:

1. e2-e4. e7-e5 (if I remember my algebraic notation correctly that
should be p-K4)

That is your pawn right in front of mine, in the king file. I guess
that's what you meant.

2. g1-f3
Old August 23rd 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

"Daniel C. Bastos" wrote in message
"Mark R. Cusumano" writes:

1. e2-e4. e7-e5
2. g1-f3 b8-c6

Your move :-)

Old August 23rd 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

"Mark R. Cusumano" writes:

"Daniel C. Bastos" wrote in message
"Mark R. Cusumano" writes:

1. e2-e4 e7-e5
2. g1-f3 b8-c6
3. f1-b5

By the way, it's pretty easy for me to always strip the ``'' of the
news readers so that we can keep a clean move list; let me know what's
the best method for you so that we do something that's easy for both of
us.

--
Your turn. :-)
Old August 24th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.play-by-email

"Daniel C. Bastos" wrote in message

1. e2-e4 e7-e5
2. g1-f3 b8-c6
3. f1-b5 f8-c5