Old September 21st 03, 10:13 PM
webfix

Default UK Chess Player Seeks Opponents

Hi. I am a UK chessplayer seeking opponents. I have Chessmaster 9000.

Old September 22nd 03, 11:34 PM
Steven Wayne

--

Then I recommend a chess server.

Try:

http://www.schemingmind.com/
http://gameknot.com/
http://www.timeforchess.com/

Steven
--
Nothing is more beautiful than a guitar, save perhaps two.
-- Frederic Chopin
Old September 23rd 03, 01:11 AM
Tryfon Gavriel

Hi there

I hope you are going to be playing and not CM 9000!
If so, you are also welcome to play at my site www.chessworld.net

Another very good site as well as those mentioned by the previous poster is
playchess.de.

Best wishes
Tryfon Gavriel
Webmaster
www.chessworld.net

Old September 24th 03, 08:24 PM
Steven Wayne

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:11:06 +0100, Tryfon Gavriel
wrote:
Hi there

I hope you are going to be playing and not CM 9000!
If so, you are also welcome to play at my site www.chessworld.net

Another very good site as well as those mentioned by the previous poster is
playchess.de.

Yes, I play those places too.

playchess.de demands payment or you have to leave after a while.
chessworld.net only allows unrated games for non-payers.

( Sorry, but I'm broke ).

Steven
Old September 25th 03, 11:58 AM
Tryfon Gavriel

Hi there

I can only speak for my site, and what you said is not strictly true. At
www.chessworld.net hundreds of guest members are playing, and can play, in
either free trial rated tournaments, or the Olympia-celebration league where
maximum country participation is encouraged. Also they can play as many
rated or unrated games as they want with their site welcomers. If guest
members can choose who they want for rated games (outside of a
pairing-chosen context) which I think is what you mean, then this is open to
abuse - there is nothing to stop guests manipulating their ratings by
setting up multiple accounts fraudently boosting one of the accounts ratings
by fake losses, etc.

Best wishes
Tryfon Gavriel
Webmaster
www.chessworld.net

Old September 25th 03, 07:45 PM
Steven Wayne

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:58:23 +0100, Tryfon Gavriel
wrote:
Hi there

I can only speak for my site, and what you said is not strictly true.

Sorry about that.

At
www.chessworld.net hundreds of guest members are playing, and can play, in
either free trial rated tournaments, or the Olympia-celebration league where
maximum country participation is encouraged. Also they can play as many
rated or unrated games as they want with their site welcomers. If guest
members can choose who they want for rated games (outside of a
pairing-chosen context) which I think is what you mean, then this is open to
abuse - there is nothing to stop guests manipulating their ratings by
setting up multiple accounts fraudently boosting one of the accounts ratings
by fake losses, etc.

Best wishes
Tryfon Gavriel
Webmaster
www.chessworld.net

There is obviously far more to your site than I've explored. Can
you tell me where the "free trial rated tournaments" are?

Thanks,
Steven.

--
Are you confident that you appear to be professional in your
electronic communication? Consider this:
Old September 29th 03, 12:18 AM
Thad Overturf

If I understand this thread correctly, you are looking for a place to
play? I HIGHLY recommend you aim your browser at:
http://www.net-chess.com/index.shtml
it is a terrific place to play and you don't need any money.

Old February 14th 06, 03:22 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
( Sorry, but I'm broke ).