Old November 22nd 03, 02:23 PM
LARRY D JONES

Default Chess Game wanted

I would like to engage in a chess game via email or snail mail. Please
reply by direct email. Thank you- Larry

Old November 28th 03, 11:35 PM
Andreas Schildbach

I'd like to invite you to my chess server at www.schildbach.de

You can create an account at
http://www.schildbach.de/signon/acco...istration.html

Then, create matches at
http://www.schildbach.de/games/create_match.html?game=1

and find matches of other players at
http://www.schildbach.de/games/my_matches.html?game=1

If you supply your email, you will get notification emails as soon as a
game starts or its your turn in any game.

Regards,

Andreas

--
Andreas Schildbach
http://www.schildbach.de

Old January 6th 04, 11:49 PM

I'd like to invite you to my chess server at www.schildbach.de

You can create an account at
http://www.schildbach.de/signon/acco...istration.html

Then, create matches at
http://www.schildbach.de/games/create_match.html?game=1

and find matches of other players at
http://www.schildbach.de/games/my_matches.html?game=1

If you supply your email, you will get notification emails as soon as a
game starts or its your turn in any game.

Regards,

Andreas

My friend wants to play chess via email with his dad. He doesn't want
to complete a game online; he just wants to make a move and send a
picture (jpeg, etc.) of that move to his dad who would then respond in
kind in his own sweet time. Is there a freeware chess program that
would allow them to play this way?
Old January 7th 04, 03:57 AM

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:25:22 -0800, Melissa
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:49:04 GMT, wrote:

My friend wants to play chess via email with his dad.

[snip]

Is there a freeware chess program that would allow them to play
this way?

While it's not freeware (though very reasonably priced!), there is a
really great email chess program available...

ECTool:
http://www.ectool.nu/

Thank you, but I'd like a freeware e-mail chess program for Win98 and
later. Do you know of one?

Old January 7th 04, 01:18 PM
[email protected]

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:44:45 -0800, Melissa
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 03:57:45 GMT, wrote:

Thank you, but I'd like a freeware e-mail chess program for Win98
and later. Do you know of one?

I just did a bit of googling, and came up with these:

Chess Tool:

http://www.pasanet.es/usuarios/jgajate/index.html

Mail Chess:

http://www.mailchess.de/mce.html

I've not tried either of these, and I'm sure you could find more if
you do some google searching, but perhaps they're a start.

I had previously seen the first - not sure if I had seen the second.
I don't play chess and was trying to get confirmation that particular
freeware chess e-mail programs are good and bug-free.

I sincerely thank you for your help!