Old December 28th 03, 03:53 AM
sTu

Default chess-by-email variants

Hi,

I'm after an email-chess client that doesn't require integration with
regular email clients, and consequently doesn't require one to open
attachements that load the program. I vaguely recall using one YEARS ago
that simply required on have unrestricted access to smtp/pop servers.

The downside of that was that you had to have that email account pretty
much devoted to use by e-chess, but for my use, that is the preferred
method since additional email accounts are easy to get.

The positive on this for me is that I don't have to look for the emails
(or worry about them being filtered as spam) from my opponent, and don't
have to click/activate attachments. Ideally, I'd like for the chess
program to sit in the system tray regularly checking for messages, and
then pop up at me with the chess board when such an email arrives.

Any ideas which tools operate in this way? I've tried out around 5-10
such tools, none of which seem to work in this manner.

Ta, sTu.
Old December 28th 03, 11:38 AM
Andres Valverde

sTu wrote (escribió) :

ECTool does connect to your email servers (SMTP/POP3) and is capable
to scan incoming mail and auto-update your games in play if any valid
move is found. I don't know if you have tried it yet

Ta, sTu.

Saludos, Andres

http://www.ectool.nu