Old January 22nd 04, 10:35 PM
milred

Default software

Has anyone tried Chess Rally 2? My brother-in-law have been using it for
our email games, and it is really nice and easy, especially for a beginner
like me who is not 100% sure of his notation yet. If there are any other
beginners out there who would like to try it let me know... I think my
rating is 1350P, and I can do about a move or two per day.
Jeff

Old February 14th 04, 03:06 PM
Gregory Topov

Jeff, maybe you can tell us what features are limited in the free version.
Do you need to be a paying subscriber to use it for email games?
--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old February 17th 04, 05:29 PM
Sixty4

My favourite freeware chess programs a
- Scid, a chess database
- CDB, a chess database and variant viewer
- Crafty, a chess engine

All are not quite as good as their commercial (ChessBase)
counterparts, but considering that you can get them for nothing, they
are simply excellent!

Thomas - http://www.playchess.de