Old March 2nd 04, 06:27 PM
Carolyn Potter

Default email chess clubs

Could anyone tell me some sites for email chess, thank you. Cal

Old March 2nd 04, 09:54 PM
Gregory Topov

"Carolyn Potter" wrote in message
Could anyone tell me some sites for email chess, thank you. Cal

Hi Cal,

Try these websites:
http://www.gameknot.com
http://www.redhotpawn.com

http://www.schemingmind.com
http://www.slowchess.com
http://www.stansco.com/netchess/
http://www.chessworld.net
http://www.itsyourturn.net
http://www.littlegolem.net
http://www.atlanticchess.com
http://www.goldtoken.com

Happy chess playing!
--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

Old March 2nd 04, 10:56 PM
Will McGugan

"Carolyn Potter" wrote in message
Could anyone tell me some sites for email chess, thank you. Cal

I can recommend Chess Commander (http://www.chesscommander.com), but I would
be totally biased.

Will McGugan

Old March 3rd 04, 12:12 AM
Gregory Topov

"Will McGugan" willatchesscommander.com wrote:
I can recommend Chess Commander (http://www.chesscommander.com), but I

would
be totally biased.

Chess Commander isn't free, is it? All the sites I mentioned enable you to
play for free (in some cases there's a limit of 6 concurrent games).

Old March 3rd 04, 01:11 AM
Will McGugan

"Gregory Topov" wrote in message
.. .
"Will McGugan" willatchesscommander.com wrote:
I can recommend Chess Commander (http://www.chesscommander.com), but I

would
be totally biased.

Chess Commander isn't free, is it? All the sites I mentioned enable you

play for free (in some cases there's a limit of 6 concurrent games).

Nope, not free. But there is a 20 day trial period. You can finish games
started in that time (even after the 20 days), and you can allways use the
lite version to play against someone with the full version. There's no limit
to the number of concurrent games..

Will McGugan

Old March 3rd 04, 09:53 AM
Heiner Theofel

"Gregory Topov" wrote:

Try these websites:
http://www.gameknot.com
http://www.redhotpawn.com

http://www.schemingmind.com
http://www.slowchess.com
http://www.stansco.com/netchess/
http://www.chessworld.net
http://www.itsyourturn.net
http://www.littlegolem.net
http://www.atlanticchess.com
http://www.goldtoken.com

Isn't this 'serverbased' chess? For 'real' Email-chess try
http://www.iecc-chess.org/

Heiner

Old March 4th 04, 07:27 AM
Carolyn Potter

"Carolyn Potter" wrote in message
Could anyone tell me some sites for email chess, thank you. Cal

Thanks for all the info, its good to be playing again.