Old October 21st 04, 02:28 PM

Default Jerry Hanken comments on the "probably criminal" Crossville Deal

Jerry Hanken, who does not post to the public newsgroups, has made the
following statement about the crooked Crossville deal:

My opinion is "what the heck was the hurry?" On a very shaky 4-3 vote,
we missed a grand opportunity to secure the future of US Chess. Since
Beatrice seems determined to fire Bill who saved us last year (a naked
power grab, probably criminal) who will be left to save us this year?
Jerry Hanken

Old October 21st 04, 02:50 PM
StanB

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

Jerry Hanken, who does not post to the public newsgroups, has made the
following statement about the crooked Crossville deal:

My opinion is "what the heck was the hurry?" On a very shaky 4-3 vote,
we missed a grand opportunity to secure the future of US Chess. Since
Beatrice seems determined to fire Bill who saved us last year (a naked
power grab, probably criminal) who will be left to save us this year?
Jerry Hanken

Jerry is right up to speed. Will someone point out that the vote was four
for and one against? What did Bill do to save us? The savings game from the
staff reductions and book outsourcing already in motion. I did more than
Bill by just pointing out the excessive magazine overruns. As much as 10,000
issues in some months.

Old October 21st 04, 11:57 PM
Doom & Gloom Dave

StanB wrote:
"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

Jerry Hanken, who does not post to the public newsgroups, has made
the following statement about the crooked Crossville deal:

My opinion is "what the heck was the hurry?" On a very shaky 4-3
vote,
we missed a grand opportunity to secure the future of US Chess. Since
Beatrice seems determined to fire Bill who saved us last year (a
naked power grab, probably criminal) who will be left to save us
this year? Jerry Hanken

Jerry is right up to speed. Will someone point out that the vote was
four for and one against? What did Bill do to save us? The savings
game from the staff reductions and book outsourcing already in
motion. I did more than Bill by just pointing out the excessive
magazine overruns. As much as 10,000 issues in some months.

I'm hearing the long, loud and prolonged death rattle of the old guard. It
isn't pretty.

Old October 22nd 04, 12:06 AM
StanB

"Doom & Gloom Dave" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I think you're right. All they have left is their ring-kisser group and
wrists rubbed raw from wringing.