Old October 23rd 04, 11:38 PM

Default Schiller's Proposal: Move the USCF Headquarters to Nevada

Schiller's Proposal: Move the USCF Headquarters to Nevada

Eric Schiller, once a respected USCF insider who was ex-communicated
for, among other things, writing his own rule book, has made an
excellent although obvious proposal: Move the USCF to Nevada.

Among the benefits which Schiller does not mention is that land in
Nevada is completely free because it has thousands of square miles of
open, trackless desert.

Also, labor is cheap because of all the tourists who lose all their
money at the gambling tables and need to make enough money for a bus
ticket home.

Here is what Schiller says:

At 10:27 AM 10/23/2004 -0700, Eric Schiller wrote:

Unless you can show the board is illegitimate, we live with their
decisions, for good or bad. As long as they are legal.

Personally, I'd favor moving to Nevada. It is dirt cheap and hosts at
least 4 major tournaments a year, all well established for a long
time. It also has low workman's comp (though I personally disapprove
of that).

Check office prices in Nevada, you'll be amazed!

Eric Schiller
www.ericschiller.com

Old October 23rd 04, 11:49 PM
Randy Hudson

In article ,
Sam Sloan wrote:

Among the benefits which Schiller does not mention is that land in
Nevada is completely free because it has thousands of square miles of
open, trackless desert.

That desert land is owned by the United States, with parcels auctioned off
periodically by the Bureau of Land Management. And, the USCF wouldn't have
much use for open desert anyway; they need office space.

Las Vegas office space is less expensive than most cities, but far from
free.

--
Randy Hudson
Old October 24th 04, 12:15 AM
Aodhan

Please don't crosspost this to a newsgroup that has no chess
interests.

Although some of us do carry USCF ratings, this is topically related
to poker. Just because you mention Nevada doesn't automatically
qualify as topical in a poker NG.

Idiot.

Aodhan

Old October 24th 04, 02:12 AM
Wickdeer3

Aodhan wrote in response to Sam Sloan:

Please don't crosspost this to a newsgroup that has no chess
interests.

Although some of us do carry USCF ratings, this is topically related
to poker. Just because you mention Nevada doesn't automatically
qualify as topical in a poker NG.

Idiot.

Aodhan

Sam seems to think that cross-posting is a sacrement.

Ignore him and he will, eventually, go away.

Wick Deer
Old October 24th 04, 04:52 AM
Fifiela

Ignore him and he will, eventually, go away.

Really??? I've seen no evidence of this.

Actually Sam is right on here. Just why do we want to waste our one time kitty
from the sale of the old building on buying another building.

Rental is the way to go.

Old October 24th 04, 05:25 AM
Fifiela

What would you prefer they waste it on?

I prefer that the USCF leave the principle untouched and draw interest from it.
Old October 24th 04, 01:50 PM
GrantPerks

... you mean invest it in real estate and apply the return to your
rent payments?

Not totally a bad idea. They would have a better return and less risk. Since
the USCF is a 501(C) organization, they don't need the tax write-offs
associated with real estate ownership.

Grant Perks
Old October 24th 04, 02:05 PM
StanB

"Fifiela" wrote in message

Rental is the way to go.

Will Rodgers said buying was the way to go. He thought real estate was a
wise investment since they weren't making anymore.