Old October 26th 04, 04:25 PM

Default How did Kramnik get Draw Odds??

How did Kramnik get Draw Odds??

I am sure that many chess players are upset as I am that Kramnik was
allowed to keep his Birdbrain "World Championship" by DRAWING the
match with Leko. Leko led for most of the match, took a draw in a
position where he could have played for a win, only to lose the last
game and allow Kramnik to draw the match and keep the "world title".

I thought that draw odds were abolished years ago.

Did Kasparov have draw odds in his match with Kramnik, which he lost?

I suspect that Kramnik refused to play unless he was given draw odds
and the organizers capitulated.

Old October 26th 04, 05:42 PM
Angelo DePalma

He got draw odds because FIDE decided to recognize the non-championship
"title" he won from Kasparov so long ago it should have expired anyway.

B.S. aside, he probably insisted on draw odds as a condition for playing.
Now that he refuses to play the winner of Kasp-Kasim, I'm reminded of what
Churchill told Chamberlain on the latter's return from Munich: You had a
choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor and you will soon have
war.

adp