Old October 28th 04, 04:03 AM
Kevin L. Bachler

Default MSA, Q for Mike N

Perhaps you have already planned/done this...I was curious...

There are some special reports (top X lists, top X by state, by grade by state,
etc.) that people would find useful. Are you creating the ability to pay for
and request special queries directly online?

Kevin

--
Kevin L. Bachler
Old October 28th 04, 05:04 AM
Mike Nolan

Kevin L. Bachler writes:

There are some special reports (top X lists, top X by state, by grade by state,
etc.) that people would find useful. Are you creating the ability to pay for
and request special queries directly online?

We've thought about it, but there are some privacy issues that might
have to be resolved before we can produce state-specific lists by age
or by grade. (Maybe it's not a big deal to produce a top 100 youth
list for Illinois, but in some states that would include every active
player under 18.)

We are also working on a way to create a custom subset of the rating
supplement list. The biggest problem with that is the time it takes to
generate a list may be longer than many browsers will wait before timing
out, so we have to find a way to queue up the request, create the list in
batch mode and then let you log back in to download it.

BTW, the beta test for uploading and processing rating reports has started.
If it is successful, I expect to be able to open it up for general use
(with a few restrictions, such as no more than 10 rounds) some time next week.
--
Mike Nolan
Old October 28th 04, 07:17 PM
Kevin L. Bachler

In article , Mike Nolan says...

Kevin L. Bachler writes:

[...]

Any other orgs have similar requests? Perhaps they have an easy answer.

--
Kevin L. Bachler