Old November 8th 04, 08:37 AM
NoMoreChess

Default Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________==___ emascibu

..
What were you thinking???

To at least 90% of americans, the deepest thinking they do in a given day is
deciding what sit com to watch.

Of course, only one person per household has possession of the all-powerful
remote-controller at any given time. The rest are passive "victims" of
happenstance. :-)

Prior to this, it was American policy and the American government that was

so universally
hated around the world. Now it's going to be 'Americans' we hate.

I hate it when preacher types fail to pay attention in class. The
anti-Americans have been bashing BOTH Bush AND the American people in this
newsgroup for quite some time. At no time have the American people been spared
in favor of bashing just the government or its officials, so there will not be
any dramatic change here.

It always was to anyone that understood that the vast majority of americans
have been supporting the criminal behavior of their government from the very
beginning.

Supportting in the sense of paying lip-service after they were led -- like
cattle -- to believe that was the "patriotic" thing to do, yes.
But the very fact that the people are so often lied to by those in power
shows that they don't really "support" everything the government does. They
often need to be "tricked" or manipulated into thinking they support it, by a
well thought out propaganda campaign.

?How blind can you dumb rednecks in middle-America be, not to see this?

Not to see WHAT? Where is it? (reaches for red-tipped white cane...)

If you get hit again, or your economy goes into a deep depression, the
American people will be getting exactly what they deserve!

You dimwitted Canadian numbskull! If the American economy crashes and burns,
it will take others down along with it.

Yes they will. The only problem is that Canada is just to the North and will
likely get much of the fallout.

Depends on wind direction and fallout spread-pattern. If timed perfectly,
the fallout which misses U.S. east coast soil will head straight for Great
Britain, her staunchest ally.
Or did you mean economic "fallout"? :-)

Try to look at the positive side of things -- in just four short years, the
worst warmongering U.S. President ever will be out of a job, just like so many
other Americans! :-)

Old November 8th 04, 06:56 PM
Chess One

Mikhail Golubev, Odessa, Ukraine

Yes, it was a funny post by Brad Short (any connections with Nigel D.
Short
?) but you treated it too seriously.

I'm afraid so. I once asked in another newsgroup if a Dutch housewife with
no gun had more domestic security than an American housewife with a shotgun?

Answers varied. In fact she is 1,000 times less likely to confront an armed
intruder than in the US.

But rational discussion of this situation by speaking about facts is so
often of little value, as Jerzy notes, since people are reluctant to extend
the discussion to a logical conclusion: that the population's possession of
guns reduces security, rather than increasies it.

BTW How the elections in Ukraine ? Democracy or autocracy ? Have you read
the latest interview by Garry Kasparov ?
http://www.echo.msk.ru/programs/town/32813/
What do you think about his views on free election and democracy ? Were
the
election in Ukraine free and democratical ... ?

Also good wishes to Ukraine! One day Mihhail maybe I can visit and view your
Alekhine archive?

Cordially, Phil Innes
Vermont, USA

Regards,

Jerzy

Old November 8th 04, 07:16 PM
Jerzy

"Chess One" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Mikhail Golubev, Odessa, Ukraine

Yes, it was a funny post by Brad Short (any connections with Nigel D.
Short
?) but you treated it too seriously.

I'm afraid so. I once asked in another newsgroup if a Dutch housewife with
no gun had more domestic security than an American housewife with a

shotgun?

Answers varied. In fact she is 1,000 times less likely to confront an

armed
intruder than in the US.

But rational discussion of this situation by speaking about facts is so
often of little value, as Jerzy notes, since people are reluctant to

extend
the discussion to a logical conclusion: that the population's possession

of
guns reduces security, rather than increasies it.

I`m afraid that Mikhail Golubev doesn`t want to discuss facts. He probably
wants to discredit those "stupid, stupid ... etc." Americans (...Americans :
what did the author of that thread mean : Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Peru or
something else ?). However he (Mikhail Golubev) doesn`t look into the
situation in his own present country : Ukraine, where the election are being
counterfeited. I`m afraid that he wants to live back in CCCP where there
were "democracy" and "free election" too...

BTW How the elections in Ukraine ? Democracy or autocracy ? Have you

read
the latest interview by Garry Kasparov ?
http://www.echo.msk.ru/programs/town/32813/
What do you think about his views on free election and democracy ? Were
the
election in Ukraine free and democratic ... ?

Also good wishes to Ukraine!

Yeah... also my good wishes to free and independent Ukraine not ruled by
dictators.

Regards,

Jerzy

Old November 8th 04, 09:37 PM
Chess One

:
what did the author of that thread mean : Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Peru
or
something else ?).

Whichever ones with the big guns and the little brains.

However he (Mikhail Golubev) doesn`t look into the
situation in his own present country : Ukraine, where the election are
being
counterfeited. I`m afraid that he wants to live back in CCCP where there
were "democracy" and "free election" too...

There are strong emotions to encounter when you meet someone who has
suffered from oppression, rather than some idea of what that is - and people
who must reflect on the boring, oppressive, yet steady and predicatable
pattern of a past. Were you ever so oppressed or confronted with these
things?

The republics are attempting to join the modern world in 5 years, having
been put on hold for almost an entire century.

There is massive confusion of elements, which these people try to struggle
through in a few years, which in our western countries took 50 years to
resolve, to such degree as we have sone so.

There is a saying, particularly appropriate in this case, albeit for the
Ukraine and not of Russia, that "Russian corn grows best in Russian soil"
and I ask you to consider this historically, since maybe the late C17th.,
and all the borrowed culture from Europe, which seemed to hypnotise all the
Russias.

But who are these people of themsleves?

And these people must also try to cope with this long, very long, historical
feature of imported elements to their cultural and political life, much of
which has been horribly injurous to their collective soul, and now make an
atempt to find themselves. It is no small wonder that things are ****ed up,
yet yet! Who will really despise trying to do so?

The alternative, as we have seen to the south, is to return to yet a more
atavistic sense of culture, a fundamentalism as perhaps existed in the
C11th - we see it in some forms of state muslim embrace, and we see it also
in the USA's old-testament fundamentalist culture.

But is this return to the past right for the life of our times? What crazy
costs will we pay to discover who we really are, despite shovelling through
the accumulated **** of ages?

Patience brother. Underall there is a nation wishing to discover what it is,
and what it might be.

Cordially Phil Innes

Old November 8th 04, 10:05 PM
StanB

"Jerzy" wrote in message

Also good wishes to Ukraine!

Yeah... also my good wishes to free and independent Ukraine not ruled by
dictators.

And not shooting down commercial airliners.

Old November 9th 04, 02:52 AM
Bill Brock

"StanB" wrote in message ...
"Jerzy" wrote in message

Also good wishes to Ukraine!

Yeah... also my good wishes to free and independent Ukraine not ruled by
dictators.

And not shooting down commercial airliners.

And not *intentionally* shooting down commercial airliners?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/art...568521,00.html
Old November 9th 04, 03:51 AM
Bruce Leverett

"StanB" wrote in message ...
"Jerzy" wrote in message

Also good wishes to Ukraine!

Yeah... also my good wishes to free and independent Ukraine not ruled by
dictators.

And not shooting down commercial airliners.

I can hardly believe my eyes. Stan B. brings up the USS Vincennes
shooting down Iran Air flight 655? Nah, must be some kind of mixup
:-)
Old November 9th 04, 08:33 AM
Jerzy

"Chess One" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I`m afraid that Mikhail Golubev doesn`t want to discuss facts. He

probably
wants to discredit those "stupid, stupid ... etc." Americans

(...Americans
:
what did the author of that thread mean : Canada, Brazil, Argentina,

Peru
or
something else ?).

Whichever ones with the big guns and the little brains.

However your defintion doesn`t show which one from mentioned above by me.

[...]

No, it took 50 years or so to destroy already existing democracies in
Eastern Europe by Soviets. Now some people want CCCP to come back among them
Lev Khariton who makes his anti-Kasparov`s politics on rgcm...

Regards,

Jerzy

Old November 19th 04, 10:33 AM
Mikhail Golubev

No, it took 50 years or so to destroy already existing democracies in
Eastern Europe by Soviets. Now some people want CCCP to come back among them
Lev Khariton who makes his anti-Kasparov`s politics on rgcm...
Regards,
Jerzy

Somehow I missed this truly remarkable statement!

But possibly I didi not understand.
Are you really, seriously thinking that anyone who is critical to
Kasparov, wishes thereby to return "CCCP"?
Are you also thinking that Kasparov is "the father of Russian
democracy"?

Was not Kasparov a member of the Communistic party? Was it not him
who, as a player, obtained some fantastic, massive financial help from
the communists for his preparation?

The true, as someone wrote in this forum, that Kasparov is just an
opportunist.

He got everything from the "commies" what was only possible to dream
of.
He says now some certainly right things about Putin etc - but those
who have tried to fight with the system in Soviet times, deserve MUCH
more respect in this field.

Regarding the name of this thread. Personally, I do NOT share opinion
that all the Americans are "stupid". Many are intelligent. I found all
necessary information on this subject he
http://72.3.131.10/
Old November 19th 04, 11:38 AM
Jerzy

"Mikhail Golubev" wrote in message
m...
No, it took 50 years or so to destroy already existing democracies in
Eastern Europe by Soviets. Now some people want CCCP to come back among

them
Lev Khariton who makes his anti-Kasparov`s politics on rgcm...
Regards,
Jerzy

Somehow I missed this truly remarkable statement!

It`s easy to miss such a statement when you don`t follow simple rules of the
netiquette...
I mean crossposting and topposting ...

Discussion in usenet has its own rules like chess ...

But possibly I didi not understand.
Are you really, seriously thinking that anyone who is critical to
Kasparov, wishes thereby to return "CCCP"?
Are you also thinking that Kasparov is "the father of Russian
democracy"?

It`s easy to see that today Russia has an authoritarian government and
president (close to dictatorship), although Valdimir Putin is a likable
person and he wants to improve everyday life of Russian citizens but he
sometimes uses old-fashioned methods of his predecessors.

Don`t tell me that Russians don`t know how to live in democracy with real
elections and with free market.

Don`t claim that they should be ruled by regimes of Tzars and communist
first secretaries like Stalin etc.

Was not Kasparov a member of the Communistic party? Was it not him
who, as a player, obtained some fantastic, massive financial help from
the communists for his preparation?

The true, as someone wrote in this forum, that Kasparov is just an
opportunist.

He got everything from the "commies" what was only possible to dream
of.
He says now some certainly right things about Putin etc - but those
who have tried to fight with the system in Soviet times, deserve MUCH
more respect in this field.

OK, let the others be more well-deserved and respected in the field of
fighting with commies, you can even call Kasparov an opportunist, I can
see, however, that those who fought against commies like e.g. Korchnoi are
to old to fight for democracy and free market in Russia nowadays and
Kasparov is the right person to fight for free elections in Russia.

BTW I am observing with real dismay what`s happening today in Ukraine (not
to metion backward Byelorussia) during the present election. Frauds, frauds
and frauds ...
And you want to live in a free world making such frauds ??

Regarding the name of this thread. Personally, I do NOT share opinion
that all the Americans are "stupid". Many are intelligent. I found all
necessary information on this subject he
http://72.3.131.10/

Well, you`ve called president George W. Bush an "idiot" and it`s enough for
me to see your irrational attitude towards present USA citizens who support
his politics.

Have you read Kasparov`s article in WSJ
http://www.newsru.com/russia/08sep2004/kasparov.html

http://www.inopressa.ru/wsj/2004/09/08/11:25:00/mustgo (?)

where he compares presidents G.W.Bush and V.V.Putin and his comparison is in
favour of George Bush. I understand that you like neither Bush nor Kasparov
but unlike you, Kasparov is full of arguments to support his views.

Regards,

Jerzy