Old November 9th 04, 03:24 AM
KidDon

Default Florida Chess Kids in WYCC

In case some of you are not aware, three of our Florida kids, Daniel
Ludwig, Ray Robson, and Christopher Heung, are currently competing at
the World Youth Chess Championships in Crete. They are part of the US
group of 24 kids competing in 10 divisions: Boys U10, U12, U14, U16,
U18 and girls in the same categories. This is an 11-round event.

After six rounds, in the U14 category, Daniel is all alone in first
place with 5.5 points!!! Among the 123 kids in his division are four
IMs and five FMs. Among his five wins is his victory today against a
Russian IM rated 2514. His only draw was against an IM from Ukraine,
rated 2530! Tomorrow is a day off and on Wednesday he plays another
Russian IM rated 2451. So far for the tournament, he has a FIDE
performance rating of 2586! Who knows...we could have a World
Champion here in Florida! Our two other kids are also doing very
well and in contention in the U10 division as Ray has 4.5 and
Christopher 4.0 points. Some of the games are transmitted live and we
hope Daniel's game will be shown on Wednesday in the WYCC website and
in ICC.

Follow their progress in the Championship website:
http://www.greekchess.com/wycc04.html
Old November 10th 04, 04:14 PM
KidDon

(KidDon) wrote in message . com...
[...]

______________________________

I just received this news:

"ICC is retransmitting Danny Ludwig's 8th round game right now. After
seven rounds, Danny is still alone in first place at the World Youth
Championships, U14. So far, he has a 2590 FIDE performance rating!"

kiddon
Old November 11th 04, 01:58 PM
KidDon

Danny Ludwig suffered a loss in round 8 of the World Youth Chess
Championship, playing black against Vietnamese FM Le Quang Liem. In
round 9 (of 11), he is playing white on board 3 against German FM
Falko. Round 8 was Danny's first loss of the tournament, and he is
now tied for 5th place with 6 pts. He is still considered by many to
be an underdog, but is still just 1/2 point away from the 4
co-leaders.

Kiddon
Old November 15th 04, 05:12 PM
Chessdon

Danny Ludwig (USCF 2246)won round 11 and finished in 4th place overall
out of 123 competitors in the Boys U14 category, just 1/2 pt. out of a
tie for 1st with three IM's after 11 total rounds. Danny was the top
USA player in U14 Boys.

Fellow Floridian, Ray Robson (USCF 2021) finished in 10th place out of
130 competitors in the Boys U10 category. Ray was the top USA player
in U10 Boys. Chris Heung (USCF 1848) also did well, finishing in 28th
overall.

Congratulations,

kiddon

ditto on the congratulations!!! The Under 10, 12 and 14 always have future
great players in them - the future world champions. This is not always the case
for the u16, 18 and world Junior. The reason is that the great players reach GM
level at an early age and shun the Under tournaments for other world class
events.

Danny Ludweg and Ray Robson both IMO will be Grandmaster players and will
represent the USA well in future years. I never met Chris Heung but at 1848 elo
and finishing 28th in the world under 10. he obviously is an outstanding player
and I expect to hear his name often in the future as well.

Don Schultz