Old November 9th 04, 12:58 PM
Ivan

Default Fischer vs. Kasparov

Maybe they can let Fischer play Kasparov now to prove that Bobby is
the world champion
Old November 9th 04, 07:19 PM
Good Moves aren't worth BEANS ......

Fischer has as much claim to considering himself World Champion as did
Kasparov (from 1989 until he lost the match to Kramnik), and Kramnik since.
All three broke away from FIDE and were not defeated in a FIDE match.

Jason Repa

om...

Old November 10th 04, 06:19 AM
5et2

"Good Moves aren't worth BEANS ......" wrote in message news:RK8kd.168300$%[email protected]
Fischer has as much claim to considering himself World Champion as did
Kasparov (from 1989 until he lost the match to Kramnik), and Kramnik since.

Fischer has no claim. He resigned his only world championship title in June 1974.

All three broke away from FIDE and were not defeated in a FIDE match.

Jason Repa

om...

Old November 10th 04, 08:06 AM
Good Moves aren't worth BEANS ......

om...

wrote in message
news:RK8kd.168300$%[email protected]
Fischer has as much claim to considering himself World Champion as did
Kasparov (from 1989 until he lost the match to Kramnik), and Kramnik

since.

Fischer has no claim. He resigned his only world championship title in

June 1974.

Another idiot speaking out of his ass! Get your facts straight buddy.
Fischer didn't resign anything. The only difference between Fischer's break
from FIDE and the other's I mentioned, is that Fischer didn't have other
super GMs with him to add weight to his break off. Kasparov, Karpov, Short,
etc all broke off from FIDE in unison.

Jason

Old November 10th 04, 04:25 PM
R.P. Warren

"Liam Too" wrote in message ...
Nope, it was George Foreman who at age 45, regained the WBA and IBF Heavyweight
Title from Michael Moorer age 26, in Las Vegas on 05-November-1994.

Are you saying then that Fischer today is analogous to Foreman then,
and Kasparov to Moorer? If so, I would have to disagree.
Kasparov-Fischer now would probably be more like Holyfield-Ali,
roughly speaking.
Old November 10th 04, 06:05 PM
nowonmai

"Good Moves aren't worth BEANS ......" wrote in message news:[email protected]

Fischer didn't resign anything.

I THEREFORE RESIGN MY FIDE WORLD CHESS CHAMPION TITLE. SINCERELY, BOBBY FISCHER.

--telegram from Bobby Fischer to Max Euwe, FIDE President, June 27 1975

But, of course, this is not the "real" title or whatever it is he claims to hold.
Old November 10th 04, 07:38 PM
5et2

"Good Moves aren't worth BEANS ......" wrote in message news:[email protected]
om...

wrote in message
news:RK8kd.168300$%[email protected]
Fischer has as much claim to considering himself World Champion as did
Kasparov (from 1989 until he lost the match to Kramnik), and Kramnik

since.

Fischer has no claim. He resigned his only world championship title in

June 1974.

Another idiot speaking out of his ass! Get your facts straight buddy.
Fischer didn't resign anything. The only difference between Fischer's break
from FIDE and the other's I mentioned, is that Fischer didn't have other
super GMs with him to add weight to his break off. Kasparov, Karpov, Short,
etc all broke off from FIDE in unison.

Jason

From Informant 19, page 276, referring to June 1974 telegramme:

"the President of FIDE received a telegramme on June 27 in Nice from
world champion Robert Fischer which says: 'As I made clear in my
telegram to the FIDE delegates, the match conditions I proposed were
non-negotiable. Mr. Cramer informs me that the rules of the winner
being the first player to win ten games, draws not counting, unlimited
number of games and if nine wins to nine match is drawn with champion
retaining title and prize fund split equally were rejected by the FIDE
delegates. By doing so FIDE has decided against my participation in
the 1975 world chess championship. I THEREFORE RESIGN MY FIDE WORLD
CHAMPION TITLE. Sincerey (sic), Bobby Fischer'" (My all-caps emphasis
in case you missed the word RESIGN.)

Jason states emphatically with insult, "Fischer didn't resign
anything." Who agrees with him?
Old November 11th 04, 12:11 AM
Liam Too

"R.P. Warren" wrote in message
om...

Are you saying then that Fischer today is analogous to Foreman then,

and Kasparov to Moorer? If so, I would have to disagree.
Kasparov-Fischer now would probably be more like Holyfield-Ali,
roughly speaking.

Maybe you haven't heard, but Fischer plays chess everyday. He has a chess
set wherever he goes.