Old November 14th 04, 04:10 AM
Parrthenon

Default Sloan vs. Marinello, petition

Dear Sam,

More power to you this time because your suit is in the interests of the USCF's
future. I hope you can get an injunction to stop the attempted fait accompli.

In most fields, you get what you pay for. While somebody will now
inform us (for the umpteenth time) about Sam's win in a case argued at
the U.S. Supreme Court, maybe Sam can give us his overall record in
court -- my guess is he's not doing so well. I'd also note that cab
drivers have been known to successfully deliver babies, but that
doesn't make them a suitable alternative to an obstetrician. -- Randy Bauer

Randy, your contribution to the debate is of the level "Sam used to be a taxi
driver" but I think he has won more Supreme court battles than either of us.
-- Phil Innes

Not Randy Bauer's brightest moment. And, of course, as even an implied
explanation for why the USCF could not allow a reputable, well-known and
chess-productive businessman such as Erik Anderson two weeks to deal with a
billionaire for a location in New York -- well, it is just some sneering, not
an explanation.

There is no adequate explanation. A decision had to be made after
previous delay, so why not now? That seems to be the only answer offered.

"FIDE has made its decision. Players who refuse to be drug tested will not be
able to play chess." -- Dr. Press, co-founder of the FIDE Medical Commission.