Old November 15th 04, 01:13 AM
Fifiela

Default EBay spoof!

A friend just showed me an extrememly well done spoof email pretending to be
from EBay and asking for you to verify credit info. Most spoofs are crude and
easy to spot. This one was convincing.

Don't send anyone credit card info based on an unslociated email.

"Hello Dear Ebay Customer..."

Old November 17th 04, 01:25 PM
Graeme

A friend just showed me an extrememly well done spoof email pretending to be
from EBay and asking for you to verify credit info. Most spoofs are crude
and
easy to spot. This one was convincing.

Don't send anyone credit card info based on an unslociated email.

"Hello Dear Ebay Customer..."

Just forward it to , and they'll pass it on to the authorities.

Old November 20th 04, 07:11 PM
Graeme

I've gotten several of those. Got one this morning from "Washington
Mutual". Wait until the Nigerians adapt it.

They're getting cleverer. Somebody is watching transactions and sending out
spam to people right after they've won an item, which is the time they'd be
most likely to expect something from eBay. The rules of common sense still
apply, though. Nobody genuine is going to ask you for personal information,
and any link directing you to a website that's all numbers is no good.