Old November 19th 04, 07:38 AM
Parrthenon

Default Everything is simple and straightforward

There are no hidden agendas and nothing tricky or secret going on here. It
only seems complicated if you read Sam Sloan's demented ravings ("USCF has a
million dollars in the bank and Beatriz wants to become Executive Director so
she can steal it") or Larry Parr's sly insinuations ("everything depends on
the fine print surrounding the proposed deposit in that Tennessee bank. One
suspects already that it is a down payment in disguise"). -- Tim Hanke, USCF
Vice President of Finance

There was nothing sly about my insinuations. Indeed, there was nothing
insinuating about my slyness. An insinuation is a hint or attack that does not
make a statement directly. Hence, it is sly.

I would argue that my points are made straightforwardly even in the section
that Tim quotes: "Everything depends," I wrote, "on the fine print surrounding
the proposed deposit in that Tennessee bank." Even Tim himself agrees with this
point, arguing that there is no commitment of the money beyond setting up a
normal business relationship. Randy Bauer also denies that the money is
anything more than a deposit that can be withdrawn, more or less at USCF will.

I am further quoted as saying, "One suspects already that it is a down payment
in disguise." Where's the insinuation? I make no hints or speak indirectly. I
give straightforwardly what I suspect.

I have written plainly where the issue stands, and Randy Bauer at least wrote
a plain answer in which he said that the USCF can withdraw its money from these
Tennessee banks regardless of the loan situation. He says the money is not a
down payment or anything like it.

That is where this discussion stands at the moment.

Why doesn't the USCF simply publish the entire agreement with Crossville on its
website to end all speculation? It will all come out anyway during Sam's
lawsuit.

-- Larry Parr

"FIDE has made its decision. Players who refuse to be drug tested will not be
able to play chess." -- Dr. Press, co-founder of the FIDE Medical Commission.
Old November 19th 04, 02:57 PM
Parrthenon

PUBLISH CROSSVILLE AGREEMENT!

There are no hidden agendas and nothing tricky or secret going on here.Tim
Hanke speaks true! No hidden agendas, no published ones either. -- Phil Innes
November 19, 2004

From: Tim Hanke
rec.games.chess.misc, rec.games.chess.politics
June 14, 2003

Moving to Crossville, Tennessee strikes me as yet one more significant
strategic mistake by USCF in a long string of strategic mistakes over the past
decade.
Old November 21st 04, 11:48 AM
Parrthenon

Mike,

Name a board which you personally did not support. You supported them all.

All that can really be said about your "confidence" is that you will support
whomever is in power.

History is our guide. Now that, I can have faith in. -- Richard Peterson

That's right. Mike Nolan will not go against those in authority on decisive
issues. He is the house parliamentarian, indeed.

On the other hand, he may be right this time around, though he has to keep his
stories straight with Randy Bauer and Tim Hanke. He tends to go further in
crawling than these other two and there are those niggling contradictions.