Old November 20th 04, 11:29 PM
RMille9601

Default Media Coverage US Championship

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004...ravel/18_35_43
11_19_04.txt

One newspaper in San Diego area has done a story in advance of the event! My
google alert for CHESS picked up the link for me.

I had not recalled seeing any thing in the Nov issue of CHESS LIFE so I looked
at the issue again. There was a full page ad.

Russell Miller, Chelan WA
Old November 21st 04, 12:41 AM
Chess One

"RMille9601" wrote in message
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004...ravel/18_35_43
11_19_04.txt

One newspaper in San Diego area has done a story in advance of the event!
My
google alert for CHESS picked up the link for me.

I had not recalled seeing any thing in the Nov issue of CHESS LIFE so I
looked
at the issue again. There was a full page ad.

Russell Miller, Chelan WA

Russell, is this the article which starts "National chess tourney opens
Wednesday in La Jolla" and says it begins on Wednesday and is organised by
AF4C ? And doesn't say much else? A staff writer then adds 6 paragraphs
which indicate start times for rounds, simuls and fees, and that there are
64 players.

I followed a link to www.af4c.org which doesn't say anything at all, except
gives another URL www.uschesschampionship.com which has a picture of US
Champions Alexander Shabalov and Jennifer Shahade, and a subsequent page
offering participants:-

1 Gata Kamsky 2777
2 Gregory Kaidanov 2730
3 Alexander Goldin 2705