Old November 22nd 04, 08:07 PM
Fifiela

Default Cal Chess & Richard Peterson

I have it from Cal Chess sources that civil and criminal action has recently
been taken against Richard Peterson in the alleged theft of the entire Cal
Chess treasury this last August. Richard Peterson has indirectly refered to
the recent Cal Chess action to this in one of his latest emails on Cal Chess
lists.

To quote Richard Peterson's mail, "The attempt by Elizabeth Shaughnessy, Eric
Hicks, and Richard Koepcke to prevent me from running for office or even being
allowed to vote in the CalChess election was a transparent grab by them at the
2005 CalChess Scholastics. And within the past 48 hours, they are attempting
to seize what is not theirs. So their rigging of the recent CalChess elections
is no surprise either."

The i.d.'s of his three parent trustees (assuming they actually exist) are
apparently still unknown. Perhaps Richard would care to post the names of his
associates here.

I hope that Justice will be served.

Old November 22nd 04, 09:41 PM
ASCACHESS

I hope that Justice will be served.

Me too.
By the way, the criminal complaint fell on its face as the maker omitted
material facts to the detective and didn't even tell him about the civil suit.
As I said before, I am still here not hiding from anyone. The Shaughnessy
clique that rigged the election did not even come forward with their names
(with the exception of Shaughnessy) in the civil filing.
Since the now defunct CalChess was an association, this is their way of
covering their rears, but it will just cause me to name the whole board in the
cross complaint.
Apparently one board member has already had enough and resigned.

Richard Peterson

Old November 23rd 04, 04:40 AM
Tom Klem

Richard,

This is precisely the same kinds of problems that we had here in Nevada,
though fortunately, there were no sums of money to protect from the defunct
group.

Association's that are unincorporated, have no standing. Secondly, board
members of such affiliations, can be sued individually; and though I do not
know all the facts surrounding your case with CalChess, I have that old
familiar feeling ... no bookkeeping (on their part), no minutes of meetings,
no accountability, no Chess promotion.

Regards,
Tom Klem

Old November 23rd 04, 02:09 PM
ASCACHESS

Association's that are unincorporated, have no standing. Secondly, board
members of such affiliations, can be sued individually; and though I do not
know all the facts surrounding your case with CalChess, I have that old
familiar feeling ... no bookkeeping (on their part), no minutes of meetings,
no accountability, no Chess promotion.

Regards,
Tom Klem

In California, associations DO have standing to sue and be sued unless there
are other factors and those factors DO exist here.
For instance, is it an association at all or is it owned by Elizabeth
Shaughnessy who gets to decide who can run for office and which "members" get
to vote despite what the Bylaws say.
Who owns the name CalChess?
It turns out that Elizabeth Shaughnessy personally owns all the names of
CalChess and the official website as well.
By secretly keeping her own bank account without disclosing such to the
Treasurer, we do run into the problem of accountability.

Shaughnessy wants to keep everything internal and within her control.

We will see how that works out.

Rp

Old November 23rd 04, 05:49 PM
Fifiela

I have that old familiar feeling ... no bookkeeping (on their part), no
minutes of meetings, no accountability, no Chess promotion.

Tom,

With all respect you have no knowledge of the situation.

1. Richard was the treasurer and was in charge of the bookkeeping.
2. Board minutes are on-line at the Cal Chess website.
3. As to accountability, Richard voted for many of the items he know complains
about.
4. Promotion - The NorCal Scholastics are one of the largest events in the
country and has grown contiually over the last 15 years.

Allan

Old November 23rd 04, 05:52 PM
Fifiela

For instance, is it an association at all or is it owned by Elizabeth
Shaughnessy who gets to decide who can run for office and which "members" get
to vote despite what the Bylaws say.
Who owns the name CalChess?
It turns out that Elizabeth Shaughnessy personally owns all the names of
CalChess and the official website as well.
By secretly keeping her own bank account without disclosing such to the
Treasurer, we do run into the problem of accountability.

A staggering collection of lies, half-truths and fantasy. Vintage RP. Thems
that want to be Fooled will continue to be Fooled; Thems that can see the Truth
don't need me to explain it to them.
Old November 23rd 04, 07:25 PM
Tom Klem

I agree.

I know nothing about your 'situation' at CalChess.

I do know Richard Peterson, and it strikes me as an extraordinary risk that
he is taking if he is wrong.

That's why I have that 'old familiar feeling'.

Why would Richard risk everything if he weren't telling the truth?

On the other hand, is this just another internecine squabble that has made
it to the Internet? Sort of like a slow news day in Chess? You know, "The
sharks are swimming North ... South" which dominated US News right before
9/11.

In any case, every dealing I have ever had with Richard Peterson was up
front and honest. His tournaments were both well attended and professionally
run ... and, in my opinion, the USCF did him dirt under the regime of
Kolonel Klink and his forty thieves.

Every dealing I have ever had with the powers that be in New Whimsy has been
a deceitful mess.

Why should we believe here, that this is nothing more but old guard
obfuscations and that Richard decided to protect his customers money and did
so legally because he could?

What facts do you have to show otherwise??

Sincerely,
Tom Klem

Old November 23rd 04, 08:31 PM
ASCACHESS

1. Richard was the treasurer and was in charge of the bookkeeping.
2. Board minutes are on-line at the Cal Chess website.
3. As to accountability, Richard voted for many of the items he know
complains
about.
4. Promotion - The NorCal Scholastics are one of the largest events in the
country and has grown contiually over the last 15 years.

Allan

Thank heavens thinking has never stopped you from popping off.

1.How does one account when one has no information on membership assets that
are going in and out of an account that I have no access to?

2. You claim the CalChess minutes are on the website. Check and see how many
there are and when the last ones were posted.

3. In the end, yes I voted in favor of many items that I knew were bad. Why
would I do that? The answer is simple. After fighting them, I knew that under
Robert's Rules I could raise them again if I voted in favor. If I voted
against, I could not raise the issue again.

4. You seem to have taken a page from the Mike Nolan bootlicking school of
chess politics.
Why have you not mentioned the nearly two thousand children who were cheated by
this group? Tell us why the cheaters should benefit?
Why did you never mention that I never claimed the money and the children's
money was never transfered to my name nor could I access it.
Why did you not mention that I raised this money and then was asked not to let
the door hit me in the butt on the way out?
Why have we not heard from you on the subject of who may run for office and who
may vote in the former CalChess's elections?
You have a very selective and impaired ethics.

Allan, you were a very slow TD which is why I would never use you again and a
slower individual to figure out what really happened. You be on their side.
It can only benefit me.

Richard Peterson