Old November 24th 04, 06:43 PM

Default Wait a second. 2005 US Championships in 2004?!

I think I read this in the article on Chessbase.com recently. If the
US Chess championships for 2005 is being held in San Diego, Cal in Dec
2004 then...does that mean WIM Jennifer Shahade has to defend her
title so soon?! She was barely crowned Women's US Chess champion
before shipping off to the Olympiad that just finished in Spain. To me
it's ridiculous to stage a Women's US Chess championships for 2005 so
quickly. Or have I gotten this all wrong? And if the Women's title
isn't held in San Diego...then when will the US Women's Chess
championship be held? More curious to know is whether GM Susan Polgar
will participate at all in the US Chess Championships.