Old November 25th 04, 04:11 AM
Duncan Oxley

Default My Great Predecessors Part 3

Does anyone know where I can find the .pgn's for this book?

I found the first 2 he http://www.queensac.com/featuredbooks.html
but this site has not been updated in a while.

TIA,
Duncan

Old November 25th 04, 06:38 AM
Alan OBrien

"Duncan Oxley" [email protected] wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find the .pgn's for this book?

I found the first 2 he http://www.queensac.com/featuredbooks.html
but this site has not been updated in a while.

What's the book like? I bought the first 2 straight away but I froze when I
saw the picture of Petrosian on the cover (I like Petrosian but only one
game at a time).

Old November 25th 04, 07:47 AM
Duncan Oxley

"Alan OBrien" wrote in message
. ..
"Duncan Oxley" [email protected] wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find the .pgn's for this book?

I found the first 2 he http://www.queensac.com/featuredbooks.html
but this site has not been updated in a while.

What's the book like? I bought the first 2 straight away but I froze when
I saw the picture of Petrosian on the cover (I like Petrosian but only one
game at a time).

I have the book ordered. Waiting for it to get delivered.

Duncan

Old November 25th 04, 11:59 AM
Ray Gordon

What's next: "My ****ty successors?"

--
http://www.cybersheet.com/easy.html
Seduction Made Easy. Get this book FREE when you buy any participating

http://www.cybersheet.com/6/ubb.x
The Ray Gordon Discussions
Includes an UNCENSORED Seduction Product Review Board.
Don't trust sites that protect their sponsors with CENSORSHIP.

Old November 25th 04, 08:14 PM
buh bye

"Alan OBrien" wrote in message ...
"Duncan Oxley" [email protected] wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find the .pgn's for this book?

I found the first 2 he http://www.queensac.com/featuredbooks.html
but this site has not been updated in a while.

What's the book like? I bought the first 2 straight away but I froze when I
saw the picture of Petrosian on the cover (I like Petrosian but only one
game at a time).

Whereas I am a huge fan of Tiger, but I find the third installment
disappointing, more of a feel of stuffing information in here, I sense
his fascination with Fischer is unmatched by his interest in the
players who get a look in the third. I never understand why Petro is
so underestimated, his strategy and tactics were breathtaking to any
serious student of the game.

Old November 26th 04, 01:06 PM
Graeme

I never understand why Petro is
so underestimated, his strategy and tactics were breathtaking to any
serious student of the game.

The problem is that he's really only accessible to people who *are* serious
students of the game. A player like Morphy, Fischer or Capablanca are great
for a beginning player to study. Their games are full of valuable lessons that
such a player would do well to learn. Petrosian is different. You really have
to be master strength or close to it to absorb the kind of lessons his games
teach.
Old November 27th 04, 09:54 AM
Ray Gordon

I never understand why Petro is
so underestimated, his strategy and tactics were breathtaking to any
serious student of the game.

The problem is that he's really only accessible to people who *are*
serious
students of the game. A player like Morphy, Fischer or Capablanca are
great
for a beginning player to study. Their games are full of valuable lessons
that
such a player would do well to learn. Petrosian is different. You really
have
to be master strength or close to it to absorb the kind of lessons his
games
teach.

Considering that Fischer made Petrosian look like a beginner when they
played, Petrosian benefitted from the instruction.

The only thing Petrosian taught the chess world was how to avoid being
humiliated by Fischer while losing to him.