Old November 25th 04, 02:17 PM
HAASpittle

Default Discover Magazine

I'd recommend the December issue of Discover magazine as a good read for those
interested in how ancient humans populated the earth after migrating out of
Africa some 50,000+ years ago. The cover story is "Secrets of the Y
Chromosome." Dr. Spencer Wells collected blood samples from thousands of
central Asians and analyzed them to determine how they are related to
populations elsewhere. Among his findings is evidence that native Americans
came from the Altai mountain region in western Mongolia. There is some
evidence that about 8% of modern central Asian men are related to Genghis Kahn
who must have been one of the most prodigious fornicators of all time. It
seems that humans moved out of Africa and first settled in the meat rich
central Asian plateau for several thousand years before branching west into
Europe and east into far Siberia and then into North America. The genetic
North American line met their ancient brothers much later in 1492 when proper
white folks landed on the east side of North America.

Old Haasie
Old November 25th 04, 06:39 PM
HAASpittle

"Gosh, I thought this group was dedicated to discussing chess politics. My
mistake...apparently it's dedicated to discussing whatever "Old Haasie" finds
interesting since he has no other social outlets..." (survivalist)
Gosh, this group often goes OT into all sorts of interesting discussions. And,
you wouldn't have a clue as to what are my social outlets.

Old Haasie
Old December 5th 04, 06:48 PM
Fifiela

Native Americans strongly object to this theory.

Without having any meaningful opinion on the theory, I do agree that Native
Amercians have strong interest in suppressing reserach that they disagree with.