Old November 26th 04, 09:49 PM

Default Goichberg to be fired by Beatriz and replaced by Beatriz

On 2004-10-19 10:16:30 PST , "ChessforLife"
wrote:

Dear Sam:

Como decia Garcia Marquez,"y vivimos para contar."

Beatriz Marinello

PS: Since you claim to be fluent in Spanish, I am sure you will understand
this.

I have been trying to figure this out. The best I can do is "We live
to tell stories."

Another possibility is that you made a mistake and meant to write "y
vivimos para contrar", meaning that we live to face opposition.

Old November 26th 04, 09:58 PM
Parrthenon

TWO RECENT CLASSICS

GM Larry Evans called the old USCF policy board as secretive as the Pentagon.
The current board majority is rapidly earning a similar reputation.

The board has been advised not to disclose the contents of the USCF contract

with Crossville because of Sam Sloan's pending litigation. Why aren't USCF
dues-paying members entitled to see this contract NOW? -- Larry Parr

The question isn't why aren't they. The question is why are they? That
great apostle of accountability Stan Booz

I think it is both natural and appropriate to respond to scandalous,
scurilous
rumormongering with outrage and condemnation. -- Wick Deer, a lawyer.

Simple enough. Tim and Beatriz, who would make, respectively, a fine editor

and
possibly a fine executive director, need merely state that they will not climb
into these jobs for a decent interval after serving on the Board. The
precedent set by Board members assuming the cherry positions at the Federation
would be devastating. -- Larry Parr

If they are both unemployed it is certainly unkind to make them wait. --
Jurgen

"FIDE has made its decision. Players who refuse to be drug tested will not be
able to play chess." -- Dr. Press, co-founder of the FIDE Medical Commission.
Old November 27th 04, 01:26 AM
Parrthenon

Dear Sam: Como decia Garcia Marquez,"y vivimos para contar." --
Beatriz Marinello

Beatriz is probably saying we live for the sake of inventing instant romances
-- a point made by Saki in "The Open Window," if that was the title of the
story. Romances would refer to the broader meaning of the word.