Old November 27th 04, 03:45 AM

Default Elizabeth Shaughnessy reports that Randy Bauer is changing his vote

A report coming out of California says that Elizabeth Shaughnessy
reports that Randy Bauer is changing his vote from abstaining to
voting in favor of the move to Crossville.

Shaughnessy says that she has consulted her lawyer in California and
he says that a 2/3rds vote is not necessary. A bare majority is
sufficient. But in any case since Randy Bauer is changing his vote to
be in favor, a 2/3rds majority has been reached, says Shaughnessy.

I do not think that this really means anything. I do not think that
Randy Bauer can change his vote at this stage. There would have to be
a totally new vote in which everybody would have an opportunity to
change.

To me, the only thing of importance to this is that Elizabeth
Shaughnessy is reporting this, which means that she is growing nervous
and uncertain of the validity of the process.

Old November 27th 04, 04:11 AM
Randy Bauer

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
A report coming out of California says that Elizabeth Shaughnessy
reports that Randy Bauer is changing his vote from abstaining to
voting in favor of the move to Crossville.

Shaughnessy says that she has consulted her lawyer in California and
he says that a 2/3rds vote is not necessary. A bare majority is
sufficient. But in any case since Randy Bauer is changing his vote to
be in favor, a 2/3rds majority has been reached, says Shaughnessy.

I do not think that this really means anything. I do not think that
Randy Bauer can change his vote at this stage. There would have to be
a totally new vote in which everybody would have an opportunity to
change.

To me, the only thing of importance to this is that Elizabeth
Shaughnessy is reporting this, which means that she is growing nervous
and uncertain of the validity of the process.

Sam Sloan

Sam Sloan is a liar. Anything he says should be checked and double checked.
Sam Sloan floats "rumors" like GM Henley bought his title by paying off Tony
Miles to lose a game. He says untrue things like I want to fire Bill
Goichberg. He takes rumors and makes them into Tim Hanke wants to fire the
Chess Life Editor and take the job himself, and Beatriz Marinello wants to
get her hands on USCF's millions. Do not trust anything he says, for he
will say anything.

Randy Bauer

Old November 27th 04, 04:32 AM

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 04:11:17 GMT, "Randy Bauer"
wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
[...]

I am glad to hear that you are not changing your vote, if that is what
this outburst means.

I recommend that you call Elizabeth Shaughnessy and tell her to stop
saying that, because I can assure you that she is saying that.

Old November 27th 04, 04:35 AM
Randy Bauer

wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
[...]

Typical Sam Sloan. When he told the world that "I wanted to fire Bill
Goichberg" and I said it was false, he said "I'm glad to hear that."

No retraction, no apology, no admittance that he had lied.

HE MAKES STUFF UP. HE LIES. END OF STORY.

Randy Bauer

Old November 27th 04, 05:49 AM
Jürgen R.

"Randy Bauer" wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
[...]

Nothing he says is worth the trouble.

Why take this idiot seriously? Why would anybody even respond to him?
Because he might be right?

Old November 27th 04, 06:14 AM
ASCACHESS

HE MAKES STUFF UP. HE LIES. END OF STORY.

Randy Bauer

You are kind of late to this game.
Why be upset.

Hey, he still says I sold water to little kids and no matter how many people
who were there tell him he is crazy, he persists.

I think it relates to too much lead from the pipes in the old buildings where
he lives.

You are from Iowa. Relax. Sam is nuts. Everybody who knows, KNOWS.

Now, about those bylaws...

Richard Peterson
Old November 27th 04, 01:33 PM
Chess One

Sam Sloan is a liar. Anything he says should be checked and double
checked. Sam Sloan floats "rumors" like GM Henley bought his title by
paying off Tony Miles to lose a game. He says untrue things like I want
to fire Bill Goichberg. He takes rumors and makes them into Tim Hanke
wants to fire the Chess Life Editor and take the job himself, and Beatriz
Marinello wants to get her hands on USCF's millions. Do not trust
anything he says, for he will say anything.

On the other hand Randy, I know of at least one of those items which is NOT
false, and I know it because the person concerned said so to me directly
[and to one other person who reads here] by private e-mail, and not just
recently, but consistently over several months of conversations.

The trouble with rumors is that like all things which go without
investigation, the word means nothing more than 'without objective
evidence', which is an entirely different thing than 'untrue.'

To illustrate this point, when Viktor Korchnoi came to the West he was asked
about Soviet-era cheating, and he said "sure!" but he also said that there
was all sorts of cheating in the West, where the motive was less political
brown-nosing, than pure avarice, it was for money.

Now, I once challenged Larry Parr on this point: "How come you keep going on
and on about Soviet cheating?" I asked, "and don't investigate these other
allegations about cheating in our own camp?"

Larry Parr replied that he had tried to, but, if I remember his response
adequately, "he would be fired as CL editor if he did."

So V. Korchnoi's report on western cheating remains a rumor, not a lie. And
if there is any shame surrounding the distribution of this 'rumor', it ain't
Victor's.

Larry Parr has recently made other points here on this same subject, and I
must agree with him, Randy, when he asks why Sam Sloan's comments,
life-style or public comments should be held up to a scrutiny that we do not
hold others to, or even ourselves!

He asks about our level of curiosity about the Leader of our World Chess
Organisation.Why in fact are we shy about this subject? Afraid of losing a
few dollars?

And he asks why the Crossville report is witheld from public view - since to
publish it would instantly banish all 'rumors' by enabling us to discuss it,
as matters of fact.

I do so submit. Phil Innes

Randy Bauer

Old November 27th 04, 01:44 PM
Jerzy

"Chess One" wrote in message
news:Qm%[email protected]

And he asks why the Crossville report is witheld from public view - since

publish it would instantly banish all 'rumors' by enabling us to discuss

it,
as matters of fact.

I do so submit. Phil Innes

Me too but I bet that we will not see such a report ;-)

Regards,

Jerzy

Old November 27th 04, 03:37 PM
Aftermath Fan

"Randy Bauer" wrote in message news:[email protected]_s52...
Sam Sloan is a liar. Anything he says should be checked and double checked.
Sam Sloan floats "rumors" like GM Henley bought his title by paying off Tony
Miles to lose a game. He says untrue things like I want to fire Bill
Goichberg. He takes rumors and makes them into Tim Hanke wants to fire the
Chess Life Editor and take the job himself, and Beatriz Marinello wants to
get her hands on USCF's millions. Do not trust anything he says, for he
will say anything.

But...you're not denying changing your vote...
Old November 27th 04, 04:31 PM
Randy Bauer

"Aftermath Fan" wrote in message
om...
"Randy Bauer" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s52...
Sam Sloan is a liar. Anything he says should be checked and double
checked.
Sam Sloan floats "rumors" like GM Henley bought his title by paying off
Tony
Miles to lose a game. He says untrue things like I want to fire Bill
Goichberg. He takes rumors and makes them into Tim Hanke wants to fire
the
Chess Life Editor and take the job himself, and Beatriz Marinello wants
get her hands on USCF's millions. Do not trust anything he says, for he
will say anything.

But...you're not denying changing your vote...

This is how absurd it gets. How could I "deny" something that doesn't exist
except as a figment of Sloan's warped brain? It's like reading a bad
fiction novel and finding yourself thrust into it. It's all bull crap.

Is that enough of a denial for you?

Randy Bauer
Now I know why Jim Eade finished nearly every post with a "sheesh"