Old November 29th 04, 01:06 AM
HAASpittle

Default New American Genius

Jay Greenberg, age 12.. Julliard School.. composer of music. Said by his
instructor to be the greatest composer of music in 200 years.. a new Mozart. A
New Haven orchestra recently performed one of his five symphonies. Jay wrote
it in a few hours.. including the music for each instrument.
I saw this on CBS 60 Minutes tonight.

Old Haasie
Old November 29th 04, 07:49 AM
HAASpittle

"I filtered the Haas Spitting guy long ago"
(Duncan Oxley)
================
If you filtered me a "long time ago," how'd the Jay Greenberg post get through?

Old Haasie
Old November 29th 04, 07:56 AM
HAASpittle

"You know, if you moved into an assisted-living facility, you might
make some friends." (Duncan Oxley)
=============
Are you insinuating that Old Haasie has no friends? I have lots of friends,
some even right here on rgcp.
And.. I can't move into an assisted living facility because I have all my
ADL's and no cognitive impairment yet.

Old Haasie

Old November 29th 04, 08:16 AM
StanB

"HAASpittle" wrote in message

Jay Greenberg, age 12.. Julliard School.. composer of music. Said by
his
instructor to be the greatest composer of music in 200 years.. a new
Mozart. A
New Haven orchestra recently performed one of his five symphonies. Jay
wrote
it in a few hours.. including the music for each instrument.
I saw this on CBS 60 Minutes tonight.

Did Dan Rather do the fact checking on this one?

Old November 29th 04, 04:43 PM
Angelo DePalma

Must have been a two-pager. Writing music is very time-consuming, even when
you know every note you're going to write.

Old November 29th 04, 07:03 PM
sandirhodes

"Duncan Oxley" wrote

Now if we could only stop the sports posts.

Would you include chess in that group?

sandirhodes

Old November 30th 04, 05:41 PM
HAASpittle

This post also took two days to show up via AOL.
Neat kid, nevertheless.

Old Haasie