Old December 1st 04, 04:13 AM
Ray Gordon

Default 2005 World Open MOVED?

Channel 10 in Philadelphia just reported that the Adam's Mark Hotel in
Philadelphia (on City Avenue) will be closing on January 30, 2005, as the
land has been purchased by a Target.

I got this report second-hand from someone who was watching it, so please
double-check it, but they say that's what they heard.

--
http://www.cybersheet.com/easy.html
Seduction Made Easy. Get this book FREE when you buy any participating

http://www.cybersheet.com/6/ubb.x
The Ray Gordon Discussions
Includes an UNCENSORED Seduction Product Review Board.
Don't trust sites that protect their sponsors with CENSORSHIP.

Old December 1st 04, 04:25 AM
Mike Nolan

"Ray Gordon" writes:

Channel 10 in Philadelphia just reported that the Adam's Mark Hotel in
Philadelphia (on City Avenue) will be closing on January 30, 2005, as the
land has been purchased by a Target.

Bill had said something to me about the Adams Mark being up for sale
back in July, I suspect he already has plans for 2005.
--
Mike Nolan
Old December 1st 04, 04:48 AM
StanB

"Mike Nolan" wrote in message

Channel 10 in Philadelphia just reported that the Adam's Mark Hotel in
Philadelphia (on City Avenue) will be closing on January 30, 2005, as the
land has been purchased by a Target.

Bill had said something to me about the Adams Mark being up for sale
back in July, I suspect he already has plans for 2005.

The end of an era. Must be someplace nearby that will work. Center city has
the most hotels but they're booked in July. Maybe Valley Forge, Willow
Grove, or Ft. Washington. All are located at a turnpike exit. Then again
there's always Crossville.

Old December 1st 04, 07:39 AM
Angelo DePalma

Very sad news for northeast chessplayers. I suspect BG will find another
venue. I hope it's within driving distance for me.

Just what that area needs -- another ugly shopping center.

news:[email protected]

Old December 1st 04, 07:45 AM
Angelo DePalma

Does this mean they're not going to fix the elevators in time for the
Liberty Bell Open?

news:[email protected]

Old December 1st 04, 12:29 PM
Ray Gordon

Channel 10 in Philadelphia just reported that the Adam's Mark Hotel in
Philadelphia (on City Avenue) will be closing on January 30, 2005, as the
land has been purchased by a Target.

Bill had said something to me about the Adams Mark being up for sale
back in July, I suspect he already has plans for 2005.

The end of an era. Must be someplace nearby that will work. Center city
has the most hotels but they're booked in July. Maybe Valley Forge, Willow
Grove, or Ft. Washington. All are located at a turnpike exit. Then again
there's always Crossville.

If he does that he would alienate the rather large base of local players who
can get to City Avenue by public transportation. Oh wait: SEPTA is
threatening to discontinue weekend service and reduce weekday service by 20
percent, while increasing fares by 25 percent.

He ought to move it inside the city.

Old December 1st 04, 01:26 PM
StanB

"Angelo DePalma" wrote in message

Very sad news for northeast chessplayers. I suspect BG will find another
venue. I hope it's within driving distance for me.

Just what that area needs -- another ugly shopping center.

Hard to believe that the economics of a Target would justify the purchase
and demolition of a 20-story hotel.

Old December 1st 04, 01:27 PM
StanB

"Angelo DePalma" wrote in message

Does this mean they're not going to fix the elevators in time for the
Liberty Bell Open?

They were working last weekend.

Old December 1st 04, 01:28 PM
Ray Gordon

Very sad news for northeast chessplayers. I suspect BG will find another
venue. I hope it's within driving distance for me.

Just what that area needs -- another ugly shopping center.

Hard to believe that the economics of a Target would justify the purchase
and demolition of a 20-story hotel.

The land appreciates in value, more jobs are created, and tons of sales tax
is generated.

There's actually a bit of a glut of hotel space here, though not during July
4.

Old December 1st 04, 02:39 PM
ESchember

KARMA!!