Old December 1st 04, 05:03 AM
Parrthenon

Default Sam Scores Glorious Victory

Bravo, Sam!

Whatever happens, a bit of time has been bought. If all is above board, the
judge's order in no way damages the Federation. If Sam is correct that he has
won a real victory, then the money could stay in the Key Bank for a good long
time.

SAM: I beg you to stay focussed here. I am certain that this order
will be met by a Federation legal counter-offensive. The Federation's lawyer
tried to finesse the judge's statement, which shows that the powers that be
want to get the money out of New York pronto. They are hungry to move the
money out of state.

As for your armpits, the judge seemed more interested in the actual
legal arguments, though Board member Bauer and the other humorists are, of
course, fixated on your armpits. I.e., what you say can have no basis because
you have these armpits. Which might be called Bauerthink.

One hopes that the haters and humorists remain fixated on your person,
while you concentrate on only one thing: the legal arguments. They have
broken the bylaws, and you must drive this point home.

My recommendation: when dealing with the powers that be, think in your
own mind about what a wonderful, honest group they are while preparing your
legal briefs. Breed objectivity by thinking to yourself: I love Randy, Steve,
Beatriz and Tim, which is the best way to keep your legal work on a firm,
rational level.

Sam: You have a case. It is largely up to you to drive it home.

Good luck, Godspeed.

"FIDE has made its decision. Players who refuse to be drug tested will not be
able to play chess." -- Dr. Press, co-founder of the FIDE Medical Commission.
Old December 1st 04, 09:45 AM
GrantPerks

The case was argued before Judge Lawrence I.. Horowitz. At the
conclusion, the judge ordered the case adjourned for ten days until
December 10

I thought this was a hearing and not a yet a trial. So what was adjourned? The
hearing? Why was it adjourned?

Grant Perks
Old December 1st 04, 01:29 PM
StanB

"GrantPerks" wrote in message

The case was argued before Judge Lawrence I.. Horowitz. At the
conclusion, the judge ordered the case adjourned for ten days until
December 10

I thought this was a hearing and not a yet a trial. So what was adjourned?
The
hearing? Why was it adjourned?

For Sam to defend the move to dismiss.

Old December 1st 04, 01:46 PM
GrantPerks

For Sam to defend the move to dismiss.

doesn't seem like much of a glorious victory if Sam is already on the defensive
side after only one move by the courts.

Grant Perks

Old December 1st 04, 03:21 PM
GrantPerks

Apparently, you do not consider the fact that the USCF bank acount is
now frozen to be significant or important.

Sam Sloan

Not for ten days I don't.

Grant Perks
Old December 1st 04, 03:52 PM
Fifiela

If this Marinello guy is rated 7739, why isn't he world champion?

Marinello is a famous Internet Grandmaster. I think that he's about 14 on the
ICC list.