Old December 1st 04, 11:02 PM
Doom & Gloom Dave

Default Fearless Randy Bauer fears certified mail from Sam Sloan

Matt Nemmers wrote:
"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Fearless Randy Bauer fears certified mail from Sam Sloan

We all fear certified letters from Sloan. He might be sending urine
samples or something equally disgusting. And come to think of it,
his lawsuit certainly qualifies.

Cooties!! Ewwwww!

Old December 2nd 04, 02:47 AM
Ray Gordon

We all fear certified letters from Sloan. He might be sending urine
samples or something equally disgusting. And come to think of it,
his lawsuit certainly qualifies.

Cooties!! Ewwwww!

More like "Summons! EWWWW!"

Old December 2nd 04, 03:54 AM
Parrthenon

A more pertinent question is 'why should I accept certified mail from Sam?'
I have expressed my opinion about him very clearly -- there is nothing that he
writes that I readily believe. Further, I am a defendent in a lawsuit he has
filed; why on earth would I, knowing that he is supposed to serve me
personally, accept certified mail from him? He's not sending me a birthday card
or any form of chess analysis that I would care to read. Another pertinent
question is 'why is this an issue?' -- Randy Bauer

Although Randy Bauer remains resolutely silent about whether or not he
will change his vote to abstain on moving to Crossville, he finally drops the
jokester arrogance and provides a decent answer.

He is right: the question ought to be why ought he to accept any mail from
Sam Sloan. He is under no obligation to make Sam's job any easier.

MESSAGE TO SAM: Look, Sam, they are dropping their first line of defense
against your suit. Namely, that it cannot possibly have any merit because your
armpits do not meet their anti-perspirant and, mayhaps, depilatory desiderata.
That should suggest to you that they are becoming a mite thoughtful by this
point.

Once again, I beg you to think nothing but the kindest of loving thoughts re
the Messrs. Bauer, Booz et alia. You can only strengthen your performance by
maintaining an overbalanced objectivity in their favor. The more clinical your
legal performance, the better. Besides, there is always a chance the armpit bit
will continue to cloud their judgment.

"FIDE has made its decision. Players who refuse to be drug tested will not be
able to play chess." -- Dr. Press, co-founder of the FIDE Medical Commission.