Old December 2nd 04, 06:59 PM
TR

Default Letter from New York Attorney General to Judge Horowitz posted

[Groups pruned to rec.games.chess.politics]

As I read the letter, there is no finding on the part of the AG that
there has been a violation. How could there be? They have only the
allegations contained in Sloan's petition.

Instead, what the AG's office is doing is informing the court that
they never received notice of the sale. The assistant AG who prepared
the letter further specifies that the notice they did not receive is
the one that sections 510 and 511 require. That's quite different from
concluding that the USCF sale is covered by sections 510 and 511.

In short, the AG's office has formally notified the court of a simple,
undisputed fact. USCF did not file notice of the sale.

I don't claim to know NY law or its applicability to this situation,
but I'm pretty sure that the AG's letter is far from evidence that
Marinello's or anybody else's "ass is grass," as Sloan suggests in
another thread.

(Sam Sloan) wrote in message ...
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:09:35 GMT,
(Sam Sloan)
wrote:

/snip/

I have just improved and reposted my scan of the letter from the
Attorney General. Please take another look.

/snip/