Old December 4th 04, 04:17 PM
Parrthenon

Default Tony Cottell and USCF Finances

From the FIDE newsgroup

"I well remember attending US Opens throught out the 1990's and listening to
numerous delegates expressing contempt for Cottel's fiscally conservative
ideas. Cottel was ignored and the USCF nearly went broke."

David Spigel

"FIDE has made its decision. Players who refuse to be drug tested will not be
able to play chess." -- Dr. Press, co-founder of the FIDE Medical Commission.
Old December 4th 04, 04:34 PM
StanB

"Parrthenon" wrote in message

From the FIDE newsgroup

"I well remember attending US Opens throught out the 1990's and listening
numerous delegates expressing contempt for Cottel's fiscally conservative
ideas. Cottel was ignored and the USCF nearly went broke."

Sloan writes, Pavlov's dog responds.

Old December 4th 04, 08:26 PM
Parrthenon

"Sloan writes, Pavlov's dog responds."-- Stan Booz, our resident CPA from the
Enron school of accounting

Some of us regret that Tough Tony isn't still on the board. He would never
approve of this costly, disastrous move to Crossville.

And Sam Sloan, for all his faults, believes in accountability -- unlike Mr.
Booz who doesn't believe USCF members have a right to see the contract with
Crossville or what's being done with our money.

And so it goes.
Old December 4th 04, 11:02 PM
Matt Nemmers

"Parrthenon" wrote in message

And Sam Sloan, for all his faults, believes in accountability --

Yet he doesn't practice accountability himself. Not in his own life (no
job, non-support of his children) or here on this forum, where his
intentional misquotes, blatant falsehoods, and out-and-out LIES have come
back to bite him in the ass numerous times. Sloan never responds to those
that point out where his side of the story was divorced from truth, or if he
does he just denies he said what he said, despite the evidence being readily
available to all and sundry.

The Crossville move might be a bad deal in your view, Larry, but don't try
and make Sloan out to be "Honest Sam the Truthseeker" simply because he
holds others to a standard he doesn't subscribe to himself.

Regards,

Matt

Old December 5th 04, 02:00 AM
Parrthenon

"The Crossville move might be a bad deal in your view, Larry, but don't try and
make Sloan out to be "Honest Sam the truthseeker" simply because he holds
others to a standard he doesn't subscribe to himself." -- Regards,
Matt Nemmers

Matt,

Once again, this is NOT about Sam Sloan. You are so blinded by hatred for for
him that you keep missing the BIG PICTURE.

Even if you agree with the board majority that the move to Crossville is the
greatest thing that ever happened to the USCF since sliced bread, why do you
think they don't want YOU or ME or ANYONE ELSE to see a contract they claim is
fair and above board? If there's nothing to hide, why not post it here for our
inspection?

I asked you this question once before, and you ignored it.. Do you agree
with Stan Booz that USCF members are not entitled to see it NOW? My own view is
that any USCf official who classifies this document is unfit to serve in this
not-for-profit organization.

Regards,

Larry

Old December 5th 04, 02:56 AM
StanB

"Parrthenon" wrote in message

I asked you this question once before, and you ignored it.. Do you agree
with Stan Booz that USCF members are not entitled to see it NOW? My own
view is
that any USCf official who classifies this document is unfit to serve in
this
not-for-profit organization.

You are intellectually dishonest Larry. I said no such thing. You said they
shoulda posted it. I said why would they want to. You are intellectually
dishonest.

Old December 5th 04, 03:21 AM
Parrthenon

"You are intellectually dishonest Larry. I said no such thing. You said they
shoulda posted it. I said why would they want to. You are intellectually
dishonest." -- Stan Booz

Why would they not want to?

So do you or do you not agree that they should publish the agreement with
Crossvile?

Old December 5th 04, 04:12 AM
StanB

"Parrthenon" wrote in message

"You are intellectually dishonest Larry. I said no such thing. You said
they
shoulda posted it. I said why would they want to. You are intellectually
dishonest." -- Stan Booz

Why would they not want to?

So do you or do you not agree that they should publish the agreement
with
Crossvile?

I'll take this as an admission of guilt. I don't see why they should publish
everything they do on the internet. I know of know business, organization,
or government that does such. I'll tell you what, when Dato publishes your
contract I'll ask them to publish the Crossville contract.

Old December 5th 04, 07:50 PM
Louis Blair

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVV
From: StanB )
Subject: What are they afraid of?
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
Date: 2004-11-25 16:51:04 PST

"Parrthenon" wrote in message

The board has been advised not to disclose the
contents of the USCF contract with Crossville
because of Sam Sloan's pending litigation.

Why aren't USCF dues-paying members entitled
to see this contract NOW?

The question isn't why aren't they. The question is
why are they?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA