Old December 4th 04, 11:00 PM
Aftermath Fan

Default Sam Sloan to work for USCF?

I have it on good authority that Sam Sloan will be dropping his
lawsuit before the 10 days are up. He has cut a deal with USCF to do
some work with them, preparing the office for the move to Tennessee,
and is selling out.

Bill Goichberg negotiated the "settlement" - really blackmail if you
ask me - estimating the lawyer's fees to defend USCF against Sloan's
legal proceedings and offering pay Sloan some amount less than that.
It's not much more than a pittance, but Sloan took the job. He'll be
listed as a "consultant" on the books but will mostly be packing and
inventorying the office.

I heard speculation that the total payment is less than $1,000. Sloan
agrees to drop his suit and also withdraw his application for the E.D.
position.
Old December 4th 04, 11:04 PM
Randy Bauer

"Aftermath Fan" wrote in message
om...
I have it on good authority that Sam Sloan will be dropping his
lawsuit before the 10 days are up. He has cut a deal with USCF to do
some work with them, preparing the office for the move to Tennessee,
and is selling out.

Bill Goichberg negotiated the "settlement" - really blackmail if you
ask me - estimating the lawyer's fees to defend USCF against Sloan's
legal proceedings and offering pay Sloan some amount less than that.
It's not much more than a pittance, but Sloan took the job. He'll be
listed as a "consultant" on the books but will mostly be packing and
inventorying the office.

I heard speculation that the total payment is less than $1,000. Sloan
agrees to drop his suit and also withdraw his application for the E.D.
position.

When pigs fly.

Randy Bauer

Old December 4th 04, 11:12 PM
Spam Scone

Randy Bauer wrote:
[...]

But you haven't come out and denied it. Randy!

(Cue Parr and Innes)

Old December 5th 04, 01:15 AM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:04:04 GMT, "Randy Bauer"
wrote:

"Aftermath Fan" wrote in message
. com...
I have it on good authority that Sam Sloan will be dropping his
lawsuit before the 10 days are up. He has cut a deal with USCF to do
some work with them, preparing the office for the move to Tennessee,
and is selling out.

Bill Goichberg negotiated the "settlement" - really blackmail if you
ask me - estimating the lawyer's fees to defend USCF against Sloan's
legal proceedings and offering pay Sloan some amount less than that.
It's not much more than a pittance, but Sloan took the job. He'll be
listed as a "consultant" on the books but will mostly be packing and
inventorying the office.

I heard speculation that the total payment is less than $1,000. Sloan
agrees to drop his suit and also withdraw his application for the E.D.
position.

When pigs fly.

Randy Bauer

He got the story right except that he left out two zeros.

The actual amount is $100,000.
Old December 5th 04, 04:23 AM
Randy Bauer

wrote:

"Aftermath Fan" wrote in message
.com...
[...]

A lie of epic proportions. Larry, are you following this?

Randy Bauer

Old December 5th 04, 05:06 AM
Ray Gordon

He got the story right except that he left out two zeros.

The actual amount is $100,000.

A lie of epic proportions. Larry, are you following this?

I would have to assume that if USCF was really going to pay this man
$100,000, that they could insist on a clause that would not allow him to
mention the terms.

The other problem is that with the "cat out of the bag" so to speak, Sam is
not the only USCF member who could have done this, and I don't see how he
could stop another member from picking up the ball even if he didn't want
them to. Plus a lawsuit can generally only be dismissed by a judge.

Old December 5th 04, 06:13 AM
Matt Nemmers

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Plus a lawsuit can generally only be dismissed by a judge.

Trust Ray on this -- he knows. Judge's dismiss his cases all the time.

Regards,

Matt

Old December 5th 04, 07:44 AM
Jürgen R.

wrote:

"Aftermath Fan" wrote in message
e.com...
[...]

He don't read to good, our great bookkeeper: Sloan replaced "less than
$1000" by "less than $100,000".

Old December 5th 04, 11:52 PM
Aftermath Fan

"Randy Bauer" wrote in message news:[email protected]_s54...

When pigs fly.

Wait...I thought this newsgroup was a place where we make up tall
tales about USCF politics and post them as if they were fact.

I used all the appropriate rgcp conventions - mention vague authority
for information, use phrases like "speculation" and "rumor", and throw
around a few random names from the USCF inner circle.

Did I miss something? I'd appreciate any pointers on posting
correctly.
Old December 6th 04, 02:11 AM
Doom & Gloom Dave

wrote:

[...]

I think in this case it qualifies as humor.