Old December 8th 04, 03:54 AM

Default Peterson, Cal Chess, Bobby, the Children, and the Nazis

The following was sent to the entire Cal Chess membership list by
Peterson referring to an issue of Cal Chess journal dedicated to
Fischer:

In an entire calendar year of 2004, Elizabeth Shaughnessy's CalChess
Journal editor Eric Hicks chose to glorify only the antisemite and
America hater, Bobby Fischer, on the cover of CalChess Journal. With
75% of the subscribers to CalChess Journal being children, I wonder how
appropriate it is to spotlight a man who said in an interview from the
Philipines on 9/12/2001 that "America got what it deserved".
I remind you that on that date the buildings were still burning and
three thousand of us lay dead, but Fischer, who still believes in the
myths of the elders of zion and a worldwide Jewish conspiracy, is
somehow suitable to feature in CalChess Journal. Do we really need
coverage of "Young Fischer Fires Up S.F"., "Fischer commentates 4
Boyscouts", "Building Fischer's Dream House", and "Fischer Articles
Galore". How much longer before Eric Hicks discovers Hitler Youth Play
Chess or World Champion Alekhine and Nazi Chess?
"Fischer was an out-going, congenial, affable person." "His Boy's Life
columns was just one of the ways he showed his interest and concern for
scholastic chess players."
Hitler liked dogs.
We would not want to try and mainstream Hitler. Fischer thinks the
murder of six million people in World War II was a myth.

Until his appearance in CalChess Journal, most of the children were not
acquainted with Bobby Fischer save his name in the title of the movie,
Searching for Bobby Fischer. Anyone with any judgement would have kept
Fischer out of a children's publication lest you make him a hero. To
try and mainstream his insanity to the children is just plain wrong.

Am I saying don't study his games? No. Nor am I in favor of
censorship, just good judgement which in the aftermath of 9/11 was not
shown here. There is no balance in CCJ, just blathering hero worship
of a very demented individual.

Sixteen year old Grandmaster Hikaru Nakamura just won the US
Championship. Why not feature him.
Hikaru even had a northern California connection as he was a resident
of Ridgecrest. That is Hikaru had a northern California connection
until Elizabeth Shaughnessy cut off Ridgecrest and the eastern Indian
Reservations from being a part of her new world order "CalChess".

One must wonder why Shaughnessy and Hicks could not find something more
suitable to put in CalChess Journal. Should they ever get around to
publishing another issue, may I suggest they concentrate on something
about chess in northern California.

Richard Peterson

Old December 8th 04, 05:36 AM
Duncan Oxley

Isn't it nice he picked the first day of Chanukah to send this?

Wake up in the morning check the calendar "Oh a major
Jewish holiday let's send a Hitler email to 1500 people".

oups.com...

Old December 8th 04, 11:09 AM
Spam Scone

Duncan Oxley wrote:
Isn't it nice he picked the first day of Chanukah to send this?

Wake up in the morning check the calendar "Oh a major
Jewish holiday let's send a Hitler email to 1500 people".

I agree. The issue Peterson is complaining about is dated April 1st.
Richard Peterson is disgusting. The magazine is merely awful, although
knee-jerk Bobbydolaters such as Sam Sloan and George M. will love it.