Old December 9th 04, 06:25 PM
Gunsberg

Default Ruslan Ponomariov: "Under Yushchenko there will be no time trouble"

Hmmmm.... So Ponomariov has endorsed Yuschenko. Ironically, this makes
me a bit more suspicious about the merits of Yuschenko. If Yuschenko
indeed earned the most legitimate votes, he should be elected, but it
looks like there are more shades of gray to this drama than the western
media has been willing to depict. One wonders if Ivanchuk will weigh in
on the issue...

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=4072

http://www.yuschenko.com.ua/eng/present/News/1610/

News

Ruslan Ponomariov: "Under Yushchenko there will be no time
trouble"17:17, 16 November 2004 // "Press Service of Viktor
Yushchenko"

World Chess Champion Ruslan Ponomariv has called on compatriots to give
support to candidate for Ukraine's presidency Victor Yushchenko in
the elections. Today he has made this statement at the press club of
the people's candidate. "I would like to do my civic duty an
support Victor Yushchenko," has reported a chess player. He has
called on all Ukrainian people "to put aside one's selfish ends and
fear and to represent one's clear position and inform everybody about
it." Ponomariov has no doubts that after November 21 "Ukraine will
be happy and democratic." "I would like our people to feel no fear,
to weigh their decisions but not under someone's pressure. I would
like our state to help a citizen to realize oneself and to display
one's talents," Ruslan has said.

He has reminded of the motto of the world chess organization FIDE "We
are one family" and called on the Ukrainians to consider it. "If we
are united, we are invincible," has reported Ponomariov.

Ruslan has noted he was born in Horlivka (Donbas) where he lived twenty
years. "I know for sure there are enough Victor Yushchenko's
adherents in Donbas, and in the second round they will go to polling
station to vote for changes."

"A chess player is working out a clear game strategy," has pointed
out Ruslan Ponomariov, "and I believe that under Yushchenko's rule
the state will also pursue a clear-cut strategy of Ukraine's
development without any time trouble."