Old December 9th 04, 10:46 PM
Chessdon

Default Sam Scores Glorious Victory

So why doesn't Goichberg resign for the good of the USCF, and everyone can
vote on a compromise candidate and leave out Beatriz?? It seems like none of
you care about the USCF, just about your own personal power.

Neither Beatriz nor Bill will seek the ED job. We need some good candidates and
so far nobody has applied. It is a challenging job and an opportunity to make a
substantial contribution to chess. So if you are qualified and think you can do
it, please get in touch with us.

Old December 9th 04, 11:44 PM
HAASpittle

"We need some good candidates and
so far nobody has applied. It is a challenging job and an opportunity to make a
substantial contribution to chess. So if you are qualified and think you can do
it, please get in touch with us." (chessdon)
==============
Hey, maybe I should apply. I'd put every ounce of energy I have into the
job. That'd be one ounce... between 11 AM and 2 PM, Monday, Wednesday, and
Friday. The rest of the time I'd be tooling around Crossville dressed in
ragged jeans, a flannel shirt, an Oil Can Henry baseball cap, and driving the
USCF all-terrain vehicle. If anyone needed me for a chess decision, they could
reach me on the cellphone while I hung out at Willie's BBQ joint shootin' the
breeze with the good old boys. Every now and then I'd OK checks to the Metro
Districts.
My chess qualifications include the time I once handed out pencils at the
Southern Open. In fact, I was elected president of the Southern Chess
Association that year. Under my presidency, the Southern Chess Association
collapsed and the July 4th tournament was never held again until Bill Goichberg
took over that title for one of his events.

Old Haasie
Old December 9th 04, 11:53 PM
irvin

ROFL!

--
Irvin
-------------------------

Old December 10th 04, 12:16 AM
Chessdon

[...]

Old Haasie, your metro idea fixation aside, you are more able to do the job
than most, IMO.

Don

Old December 10th 04, 04:04 AM
HAASpittle

"Old Haasie, your metro idea fixation aside, you are more able to do the job
than most, IMO." (Don)
Of course, among the many items up for discussion would be the 22 room
lakeside cabin, unlimited use of the USCF Lear Jet, the Manhattan penthouse for
contact with important chess billionaires, as well as secretary SallyMae
Sweetum's lavish apartment, her lingerie expense account, as well as medical
resusitation service for her boss if required.

Old Haasie