Old January 27th 05, 06:21 PM
Gactimus

Default Should chess players be allowed to run for public office?

I say no because they they are too warlike and won't let the enemy surrender.
Old January 27th 05, 07:16 PM
Bill Smythe

"Gactimus" wrote:
I say no because they they are too warlike and won't let the enemy

surrender.

I would prefer that politicians take out their aggressions over the
chessboard, rather than on populations of small, far-away countries imagined
to have weapons of mass destruction and/or secret hideouts for terrorists.

Bill Smythe

Old January 27th 05, 11:38 PM
Doom & Gloom Dave

Gactimus wrote:
I say no because they they are too warlike and won't let the enemy
surrender.

Nonsense, they'll start to marshal the troops, and perhaps after a
skirmish or two they'll more often than not have a grandmaster draw.