Old February 2nd 05, 11:20 AM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

Default Fresh interview with Fischer's lawyer

At http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2169

Old February 2nd 05, 02:18 PM
The Masked Bishop

Nothing would thrill me more than the sight of Bobby Fischer in an orange
jumpsuit, picking up trash on the highway.

"Hans Jørgen Lassen" wrote in message
k...
At http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2169

Old February 2nd 05, 02:29 PM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

"The Masked Bishop" wrote:

Nothing would thrill me more than the sight of Bobby Fischer in an orange
jumpsuit, picking up trash on the highway.

Small persons, small pleasures, as a Danish saying goes.

HansJ

Old February 2nd 05, 03:10 PM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

Correction:

The right translation seems to be:

Small minds, small pleasures.

(And, no, I am not referring to Fischer!)

HansJ

Old February 2nd 05, 05:00 PM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

"The Masked Bishop" wrote:

Ok, how about cracking rocks, somewhere in Alabama?

You and Fischer seem to share the same ideology/ethics/religion/world view
or what ever.

He wishes everything evil on the US as he feels he has been treated badly.

You wish everything evil on Fischer as you feel he has treated the US and
thereby you badly

The same way of thinking, exactly. Is this way of thinking part of American
religion?

I do not share that way of thinking. And I do not wish you anything evil.

Best wishes, HansJ

Old February 2nd 05, 05:10 PM
Tyrone Slothrop

Hans J=F8rgen Lassen wrote:
You and Fischer seem to share the same ideology/ethics/religion/world

view
or what ever.

He wishes everything evil on the US as he feels he has been treated

badly.

You wish everything evil on Fischer as you feel he has treated the US

and
thereby you badly

The same way of thinking, exactly. Is this way of thinking part of

American
religion?

I do not share that way of thinking. And I do not wish you anything

evil.

Best wishes, HansJ

Actually, yes.

And if you have to ask, you must not be American and furthermore, you
will never understand those of us who are

Old February 2nd 05, 06:15 PM
Liam Too

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
Actually, yes.

And if you have to ask, you must not be American and furthermore, you
will never understand those of us who are

Hey lieutenant, since you are here, if you know the Kalme vs Hyde
mathematical computation of the Fischer's 9-9 tie clause, would you
like to comment on it?

Old February 2nd 05, 06:38 PM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

"Tyrone Slothrop"

And if you have to ask, you must not be American and furthermore, you
will never understand those of us who are

I am not, and I probably will not.

But I have enjoyed many fine hours with works of American authors. From the
distant past, Poe, Thoreau, Mark Twain. And later Henry Miller, Hemingway,
Steinbeck, dos Passos, Kerouac, Salinger, and many more.

HansJ

Old February 2nd 05, 08:34 PM
Chess One

"Hans Jørgen Lassen" wrote in message
k...
"Tyrone Slothrop"

And if you have to ask, you must not be American and furthermore, you
will never understand those of us who are

I am not, and I probably will not.

But I have enjoyed many fine hours with works of American authors. From
the distant past, Poe, Thoreau, Mark Twain. And later Henry Miller,
Hemingway, Steinbeck, dos Passos, Kerouac, Salinger, and many more.

HansJ

Interesting list. I would also recommend Hawthorne; maybe a popular title,
but quintessential of his writing, 'The Scarlet Woman', which I think is
about scape-goating.

Thoreau is also of interest - he is less well known in Europe, I think. But
as an American writer, like Miller or Twain, achieved what might be called a
planetary view of things- as did a writer you have maybe scanned, Walt
Whitman? It is interesting BTW, that Twain/Clemens wrote that he loved his
country very much, but he could only love it when he also loved other
countries, and he despised patriots who did not know anything other than
their own country.

Whitman write directly to our subject;-

this is what you shall do: love the earth and
sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms
to everyone that ask, stand up for the stupid
and crazy, devote your income and labor to
others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning god,
have patience and indulgence toward the people,
take off your hat to nothing known or unknown
or to any man or number of men, go freely with
powerful uneducated persons and with the young
and with the mothers of families, read these
leaves in the open air every season of every year
of your life, re-examine all you have been
told at school or church or in any book,
dismiss whatever insults your soul, and
your very flesh shall be a great poem.

Is it also said in your country that 'Christianity' is a great Idea waiting
for deployment?

To take Whitman's advice and not argue concerning God, I still allow myself
to make the comment that these precepts of a life might be still compared
with what is considered to be the Christian ethic in this country, and what
is even understood by the President of the country.

What Whitman, Miller, and such souls, achieved was greater than any general
or politician had, no? They spoke to something essentially human about the
fact of being alive, for all people, in all places.

Do you understand "duende", Dane?

My good wishes to the fishing-eating peoples of Northern Europe.

Cordially, Phil Innes