Old February 3rd 05, 04:35 PM
Kent Smotherman

Default Open letter to Grant Perks

Mr. Perks,

I know you're busy with your job as interim COO for USCF. But since
you've chosen to ignore my direct emails and have not returned my
calls, I feel I have no other choice but to take my complaints public.

Your website DiscountChessShop.com should be taken down until you have
the time to actually fill orders. I waited 8 weeks for mine and even
spoke with you a couple of times with your assurances that it would
ship ASAP. Now your business voice mail box is full, the phone is not
being answered, and my emails are being ignored. Please refund my
money, and please take down your web site so other unsuspecting buyers
won't place orders that will not be filled.

Kent Smotherman
Old February 3rd 05, 04:52 PM
GrantPerks

Kent,

As I stated in my email to you, the company was unable to find your order to
post the credit.

Once you provide the information, we will process you credit.

Old February 3rd 05, 06:00 PM
The Masked Bishop

This ain't the first time Mr Perks has had problems taking people's money
and not sending out product. I remember his little fracas with another
unhappy customer who had to go public, a year or so back:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1d23e6319abe85

Old February 3rd 05, 08:26 PM
pawnstormCA

TMB:

Look at it this way. In the past 18 months, the only time a customer of
Mr. Perks went public with a complaint about his Chess Shop is when he
was putting his on life on hold to help save the USCF from itself.
There wasn't a single complaint made during the time he wasn't in New
Windsor.

Cut the guy some slack.

Old February 3rd 05, 09:08 PM
The Masked Bishop

Ok...how about you let him charge your credit card for a month? Cut him some
slack!!

Shut-up, pawnstorm. Stupidity is not permitted.

oups.com...

Old February 4th 05, 03:36 PM
pawnstormCA

TMB;

Then at least give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, Grant is
working in New Windsor at the USCF, which this guy stated he knew in
his post. If Kent truly wanted to resolve it, surely he would have
called New Windsor and asked to speak to Grant. Instead, he chose to
smear him on here.

If stupidity is not permitted, how the hell did you get in here?

Old February 4th 05, 04:32 PM
The Masked Bishop

Pawnshower:

I wouldn't make the mistake of defending Grant Perks's adventurous business
practices until you've been on the receiving end of them. Did you read both
threads? Both these customers made numerous efforts to contact Mr. Perks
through the usual channels, using the contact info he provided them. He blew
them off, bub, and neither one got satisfaction until they came here.

As far as calling New Windsor, tt's certainly not the mission of the USCF to
lend their secretaries and phone system to fielding calls for the private
business ventures of Grant Perks. That's not what *I* pay fifty bucks a year
for.

On a side note, the effectiveness of his "saving the USCF from itself" is
open to assessment as well.

If stupidity is not permitted, how the hell did you get in here?

Touche', that was a good one!

TMB

Old February 4th 05, 04:54 PM
pawnstormCA

As someone who has worked in the retail industry as a teenager, I
quickly learned that one thing.. The customer is always an asshole. If
this guy KNOWS that Grant is in New Windsor, but doesn't actually try
to call him in New Windsor because he doesn't want to be a strain on
the USCF's resources, as you stated, then how the hell did he expect
Grant to answer? That is pure stupidity.

If given the choice between siding with Grant Perks and a complete
stranger whose only post to this newsgroup was to smear someone, I
would side with Grant every time.

Old February 4th 05, 05:10 PM
The Masked Bishop

As someone who has worked in the retail industry as a teenager, I
quickly learned that one thing.. The customer is always an asshole.

Nice. The wisdom of a teenager...apparently you haven't matured much since
then.

Since you've ignored the fact that this customer already talked to Perks
many times on the phone, which begs the question why an additionally call to
New Windsor would be any more effective, there's no point in continuing this
one.

Old February 4th 05, 05:17 PM
The Masked Bishop

Just a refresher:

I waited 8 weeks for mine and even

spoke with you a couple of times with your assurances that it would
ship ASAP. Now your business voice mail box is full, the phone is not
being answered, and my emails are being ignored.

Sure, he's an asshole. How could he not have seen that a simple call to the
New Windsor receptionist would have made this all better?