Old February 6th 05, 02:20 PM
The Masked Bishop

Default ICA schedules board meeting for Superbowl Sunday

In yet another one of their blistering moves to reach out to the people, the
seriously malfunctioning but still most expensive in the country Illinois
Chess Association has scheduled their February board meeting for Superbowl
Sunday.

But to those of you who are willing to drive out to Arlington Heights to
provide some feedback to the phantoms who run your association, take heart!
Even though they've thoughtfully chosen the afternoon of one of the biggest
"holidays" in American culture, they've promised to have everyone out by
4pm!

Thanks, guys. For those who of us who actually have social lives, and are
planning our usual annual festivities around the game, it's heartening to
know that we'll be able to get home in time for kickoff. Our guests can fend
for themselves while we dicker with you over little things like membership
rates, timely renewal procedures, and Kevin Bachler, all while keeping one
eye on our watches.

Just another clueless call from the boys at the ICA. See you next month.

TMB

Old February 6th 05, 04:06 PM
Vince Hart

Are there any sacred festivals in June that you would like Bill to be
aware before scheduling the next meeting?

Vince Hart

Old February 6th 05, 11:01 PM
Douglas L Stewart

Accidents happen. Last year I scheduled a tournament for the day before
Easter. I certainly didn't mean for that to happen!

---
Douglas L Stewart

President, Mississippi Chess Association
http://www.mcachess.org

Old February 7th 05, 03:09 PM
Bill Smythe

"The Masked Bishop" wrote:
.... they've promised to have everyone out by 4pm! ....

As a matter of fact, that's exactly when it ended.

I got home in plenty of time to watch the Super Bowl, but I don't like
football. Who won? Who was playing? The sad thing, for me, about the
timing of the meeting was that I had to miss a seven-hour Johnny Carson
special on channel 23.

Bill Smythe

Old February 8th 05, 12:12 AM
Vince Hart

Bill Smythe wrote:
"The Masked Bishop" wrote:
.... they've promised to have everyone out by 4pm! ....

As a matter of fact, that's exactly when it ended.

SNIP

Bill Smythe

President Brock certainly demonstrated that he knows how to execute an
exit strategy and casualties were kept to a tolerable level.

Vince Hart

Old February 8th 05, 12:14 AM
David Ames

Vince Hart wrote:
Are there any sacred festivals in June that you would like Bill to be
aware before scheduling the next meeting?

Vince Hart

Flag Day. June 14.
Bunker Hill Day. June 17.
Summer Solstice. June 21.

David Ames

Old February 8th 05, 01:11 AM
Altes Wiesel

"David Ames" wrote in message
oups.com...

Vince Hart wrote:
Are there any sacred festivals in June that you would like Bill to be
aware before scheduling the next meeting?

Vince Hart

Flag Day. June 14.
Bunker Hill Day. June 17.
Summer Solstice. June 21.