Old February 16th 05, 03:59 AM
Ray Gordon

Default Ray Gordon Caused USCF's Problems

Hey, might as well blame me for that too!

--
Ray Gordon, Author
http://www.cybersheet.com/easy.html

http://www.cybersheet.com/library.html
The Seduction Library. Four free books to get you started on your quest to
get laid.

Don't buy anything from experts who won't debate on a free speech forum.

Old February 16th 05, 06:15 AM
MilChess

Sorenstam Files for Divorce From Husband of Eight Years
Rumors of Top Female Golfer's Rocky Marriage Began Swirling Last Year

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (Feb. 15) - Annika Sorenstam, the No. 1 player in
women's golf and one of the most famous female athletes in the world,
has filed for divorce from David Esch, her husband of eight years.

"I want to confirm that I have filed for divorce," Sorenstam said in a
statement released to The Associated Press on Tuesday. "We are working
toward an amicable resolution and we appreciate the media's respect for
our privacy. I wish David nothing but the best for the future."

Golfweek magazine reported the divorce was filed on Feb. 4 in Circuit
Court of Orange County, not far from where Sorenstam and Esch live in
the gated community of Lake Nona. The suit has been sealed, and no
other details were available.

Sorenstam had hinted at early retirement in recent years, saying she
might want to start a family.

But rumors that the marriage was rocky began last year when Esch,
highly visible throughout his Swedish wife's career, stopped traveling
as frequently. Esch began to work in real estate near their summer home
in Incline, Nevada. They have been separated the last two months.

He was last seen at the Samsung World Championship in Palm Desert,
California in October, when Sorenstam shot 67 in the final round to
win.

But he was not at the season-ending ADT Championship, when Sorenstam
was presented with her seventh LPGA player of the year award. Sorenstam
thanked her husband in the acceptance speech, then went on to win her
eighth LPGA Tour event of the year.

Sorenstam also was at Kapalua to play in the pro-am at the PGA Tour's
season-opening Mercedes Championships. She spent three days on Maui
with her sister, Charlotta.

The LPGA Tour season starts on Feb. 24 in Hawaii, although Sorenstam
will not be playing. She is scheduled to make her 2005 debut in the
following tournament, on March 4 in Mexico City.

The divorce could extend Sorenstam's playing career. While her
tournament load is not expected to increase, she might play longer and
give herself a chance to break Kathy Whitworth's all-time LPGA record
of 88 career victories.

Sorenstam has 56 career victories, including seven majors, and 33 in
the last four years.

Sorenstam, 34, and Esch, 35, met in 1994 at Moon Valley Country Club in
Phoenix, where Esch worked for Ping. Seven years later, Sorenstam shot
59 at Moon Valley, becoming the first woman to hit golf's magic number
on tour.

They got engaged at the end of 1995, after Sorenstam burst onto the
LPGA scene by winning the U.S. Women's Open. They married on Jan. 4,
1997.

Of all her accomplishments, Sorenstam is best known as being the first
woman in 58 years to compete on the U.S. PGA Tour, when she missed the
cut at the Colonial in 2003.

Sorenstam was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame later that
year.

Old February 16th 05, 08:38 AM
David Ames

Ray Gordon wrote:
Hey, might as well blame me for that too!

--
Ray Gordon, Author

I think people are more likely to blame you for being what you a an
ignorant fool. Did you have to cloe us in?

David Ames

Old February 16th 05, 10:05 AM
MilChess

But Ray Gordon found a new friend in BarbaraVilliers. He is no longer
the lone ignorant troll.

Old February 19th 05, 11:17 PM
The Masked Bishop

If anyone thinks there really is a person, much less a woman, named
"Barbara Villiers," then let me tell you something else...I'm really
Yasser Seirawan.

TMB

Old February 19th 05, 11:44 PM
Les

The Masked Bishop wrote:
If anyone thinks there really is a person, much less a woman, named
"Barbara Villiers," then let me tell you something else...I'm really
Yasser Seirawan.

TMB

Be careful! Aren't you afraid? :-)

Old February 21st 05, 06:44 AM
Nick

The Masked Bishop wrote:
If anyone thinks there really is a person, much less
a woman, named "Barbara Villiers," then let me tell
you something else. I'm really Yasser Seirawan.
TMB

Barbara Villiers (1641-1709), Duchess of Cleveland,
*was* a mistress of King Charles II of England.
Given the historical fact that she bore several of
the king's children, she evidently was a woman.

The 'Barbara Villiers' who writes in the chess newsgroups
has identified herself as 'Louise S Sinclair' (a name
that does appear on the BCF grading list).

--Nick

Old February 21st 05, 01:03 PM
Les

Nick wrote:
The Masked Bishop wrote:
If anyone thinks there really is a person, much less
a woman, named "Barbara Villiers," then let me tell
you something else. I'm really Yasser Seirawan.
TMB

Barbara Villiers (1641-1709), Duchess of Cleveland,
*was* a mistress of King Charles II of England.
Given the historical fact that she bore several of
the king's children, she evidently was a woman.

The 'Barbara Villiers' who writes in the chess newsgroups
has identified herself as 'Louise S Sinclair' (a name
that does appear on the BCF grading list).

--Nick

But...she knew King Charles II That explains everything