Old February 16th 05, 11:20 AM
BarbaraVilliers

Default Milchess and trolls

MilChess
Talking of trolls. I have noticed your new topic. It is highly
unpleasant and designed as a deliberate attack on myself and others
including Aurora who has done you no harm except for the crime of being
my husband.
Is this the way you conduct yourself?
Are you capable of making a reasonable comment without vitriolic
personal attacks!!!!!!
What is your problem?
BarbaraVilliers

Old February 16th 05, 12:05 PM
MilChess

BarbaraVilliers wrote:
MilChess
Talking of trolls. I have noticed your new topic. It is highly
unpleasant and designed as a deliberate attack on myself and others
including Aurora who has done you no harm except for the crime of

being
my husband.
Is this the way you conduct yourself?
Are you capable of making a reasonable comment without vitriolic
personal attacks!!!!!!
What is your problem?
BarbaraVilliers

Hugs and kisses to you!

Old February 17th 05, 02:43 AM
Nick

BarbaraVilliers wrote (to MilChess):
MilChess Talking of trolls. I have noticed your new topic.
It is highly unpleasant and designed as a deliberate attack
on myself and others including Aurora who has done you no
harm except for the crime of being my husband.
Is this the way you conduct yourself?

'Barbara Villiers', 'welcome' to rec.games.chess.*.
What you have just experienced seems hardly unusual here,
which is *not* to say that I would condone it in any way.

For a recent example, Wlodzimierz Holsztynski has been
writing some sexual insults and lies (of an evidently racist
nature) against me and my father and my mother. (My parents
have no connection whatsoever with the chess newsgroups.)

Are you capable of making a reasonable comment without
vitriolic personal attacks!!!!!! What is your problem?
BarbaraVilliers

Many male writers (including me) often have been the targets
of 'vitriolic personal attacks'. 'Barbara Villiers', I hope
that you were *not* expecting any preferential treatment on
account of being a woman.

--Nick

Old February 17th 05, 08:43 AM
BarbaraVilliers

Nick
I am sorry you also suffered personal attacks. On the contary I
definitely do not expect preferential treatment for being a woman,
thats not my scene. So this is normal behaviour here. Thankyou for the
warning.
BarbaraVilliers

Old February 17th 05, 11:19 AM
Jerzy

"BarbaraVilliers" wrote in message
ups.com...
Nick
I am sorry you also suffered personal attacks.

How could it be ? "Nick" is an abstract anonymous entity with no name
created solely for the purpose to insult as many real people here as
possible. Does he have any real name ? Has he any dignity and honour ?
I doubt it.

On the contary I
definitely do not expect preferential treatment for being a woman,
thats not my scene. So this is normal behaviour here. Thankyou for the
warning.
BarbaraVilliers

The problem with anonymous "Nick" is that that he is the one who attacks
personally many people here. And such standards of indecent behaviour are
introduced here mostly by him.

If you dare to be of an opinion different from "Nick"`s expect insults from
him like "illiteracy", " trolling" or "dishonesty" not to mention his
lengthy off-topic elaborations :-)

Old February 18th 05, 12:11 AM

BarbaraVilliers:

I am sorry you [Nick Boobaki :-] also
suffered personal attacks.

Hi, Barabara,

you must be new to this list. The anonimous
Boobaki is a vicious super-troll and liar, known
for his racial and ethnic prejudices, for prejudices
against older people, and so on. Known for
talking non-stop nonsense about himself.

And before mhe became the butt of the jokes,
he himself was guilty of making highly inappriopiate
sexual remarks. The main point of the jokes was
that Boobaki is a moron, which he is.

You had a hint of his demagogy in his usage
of word "evidently". Instead of sticking to
posts on rgc* and refering to them fairly,
he is full of "evedently" and similar scumback
tricks, distortions, quoting out of context, etc.
His are the most disgusting way of disrupting
a discussion list.

On the contary I definitely do not expect
preferential treatment for being a woman,
thats not my scene.

But you should! Meritum should be
always treated as logically, reasonably,
fairly etc as possible, regardless of the
gender of the participants. But when it
comes to the style, women should be treated
by men more gently. It is a part of culture,
with centuries behind it. The equal rights,
duties and treatment should relate to things
like equal pay for equal job, etc. but not
to the style of interaction.The gender "small
differences" enrich us and make life more
interesting, contribute to the quality of life.
They should also contribute to the quality
of Internet interactions.

Regards,

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)

Old February 18th 05, 08:34 AM
BarbaraVilliers

Wlodzimerz
I get your point. I enjoy having doors opened for me and other
gentlemanly courtesies paid to me.But then I am happy to sew repairs in
my husband's clothes when they are needed. I am not a strident
femminist but one who enjoys the differences between the genders.
However on a newsgroup such as this I would expect rough handling.
Indeed a fine example comes from the UK congress Sutton 94 where I was
punched in the face by Alec Webster the arbiter and left by a number of
"gentlemen" on the ground unconscious. As a result my husband no longer
allows me to attend a chess event without him being there to protect
me.
The worst part of it all was the puncher trying to lie his way out of
it.
regards
BarbaraVilliers

Old February 18th 05, 02:50 PM
MilChess

You seem to **** off everyone. What a woman!

Old February 18th 05, 03:23 PM
Mike Murray

On 18 Feb 2005 00:34:39 -0800, "BarbaraVilliers"
wrote:

Indeed a fine example comes from the UK congress Sutton 94 where I was
punched in the face by Alec Webster the arbiter and left by a number of
"gentlemen" on the ground unconscious. As a result my husband no longer
allows me to attend a chess event without him being there to protect
me.
The worst part of it all was the puncher trying to lie his way out of
it.

Did you file criminal charges ?

Old February 18th 05, 04:23 PM
CRuderman

BarbaraVilliers wrote:
[...]

Mrs. Villiers,

It is unfortunate that this has happened to you. Again, we don't know
both sides of the story. We have only heard from you as usual just
like other accusations you have made. We do know that Mr. Berez
didn't agree with you and he got rid of you. You can't expect
kindness from people when you like to behave this way. You seem to be
very paranoid when people return fire. I agree with Mr. Innes. You
need to learn to accept or tolerate other people's views as well
instead of being so vile.