Old February 27th 05, 11:02 PM
Angelo De Pa1ma

Default USATE results

Does anyone know where I can find the results of this tournament? All the
USATs have websites except for East.

Angelo

Old February 28th 05, 02:01 AM
joandoob

Angelo De Pa1ma wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the results of this tournament? All

the
USATs have websites except for East.

Angelo

Hello Angelo....
The results for the USATE can be found on the New Jersey State Chess
Federation website... http://www.njscf.org/

Hope this helps-
Joan DuBois/USCF

Old February 28th 05, 07:13 PM
Mike Nolan

"Angelo De Pa1ma" writes:

Does anyone know where I can find the results of this tournament? All

the
USATs have websites except for East.

The backroom TD for the ATE is working on getting the event submitted for
rating using the new online system. He's already uploaded it and is working
on clearing up the issues in the validation report. Depending on how long
that takes, it could be rated and on the USCF website within a few days.
--
Mike Nolan
Old March 1st 05, 04:22 PM
Angelo De Pa1ma

Thanks, Mike.

Now how about the Hackettstown Fall Team Tournament, which ended 2 months
ago and is still not rated?

adp

Old March 1st 05, 04:28 PM
Angelo De Pa1ma

I guess by asking this question I am, in a roundabout way, countering my
charge that the rating system should be profitable. Hand-holding and all
that. Assuming it was our director's fault, that is.

Mike, could I (or one of my club mates) be given access to the online rating
site for purposes of entering our results as they happen? It would save our
club some money. Our director is not up to learning how to submit results
online (he's 80 and very stubborn); he'd probably bitch and moan if we
suggested it.

Thanks,

Angelo

Old March 2nd 05, 05:01 AM
Mike Nolan

"Angelo De Pa1ma" writes:

I guess by asking this question I am, in a roundabout way, countering my
charge that the rating system should be profitable. Hand-holding and all
that. Assuming it was our director's fault, that is.

Mike, could I (or one of my club mates) be given access to the online rating
site for purposes of entering our results as they happen? It would save our
club some money. Our director is not up to learning how to submit results
online (he's 80 and very stubborn); he'd probably bitch and moan if we
suggested it.

Are you a TD? Only TDs can submit rating reports per USCF rules. I do
not have the authority to change that rule, even if I wanted to do so.
In fact, I believe that is a Delegate-imposed rule, so it would have to
be changed by the Delegates.

Send in the form and become a club TD, then you can be the 'backroom TD'
for your 80 year old TD and submit the rating reports online, with him
listed as chief TD.
--
Mike Nolan
Old March 2nd 05, 03:41 PM
Angelo De Pa1ma

Thanks Mike.

I believe I am actually a TD -- I applied about 5 years ago. Maybe it's
expired. We have another guy in the club who's an official TD. I'll look
into that. Where do I find out (without emailing USCF and waiting 3 years)
if I'm still active?

For my information, what are the costs per rated game in each of the formats
available? I would like to make the case that we'll be saving $$. Also, has
USCF followed my suggestion and supplied TDs with a template, e.g. an Excel
file, in which to enter data?

Angelo

Old March 2nd 05, 08:45 PM
Mike Nolan

"Angelo De Pa1ma" writes:

I believe I am actually a TD -- I applied about 5 years ago. Maybe it's
expired. We have another guy in the club who's an official TD. I'll look
into that. Where do I find out (without emailing USCF and waiting 3 years)
if I'm still active?

That should show on MSA.

For my information, what are the costs per rated game in each of the formats
available? I would like to make the case that we'll be saving $$. Also, has
USCF followed my suggestion and supplied TDs with a template, e.g. an Excel
file, in which to enter data?

The costs are 40 cents per game for reports submitted to the USCF on
paper, 20 cents per game for diskettes mailed to the USCF, and 18 cents
per game for reports submitted online through TD/A. However, the real
savings is time. Ones submitted online will be rated within hours of
when they pass validation. Even if the USCF office was fully caught up
it would probably still take several days process a rating report
received in the mail, plus the transit time. (And the ratings department
is far from caught up, they probably have a 3 week backlog of events
that have been received but not processed yet. There's about a two week
backlog in the membership department today, too.)

There is an excel spreadsheet for memberships (developed by Mike Swatek),
there is not one for rating reports. I don't have time to develop such
a spreadsheet, nor is that one of my areas of specialization.

It would probably require a separate upload process because I don't know
if Excel could produce the three dBase files produced by the pairing
program unless there are three separate spreadsheet templates. I don't
see writing that upload program as a high priority task either, especially
since at present there is no template. Most TDs who are using computers
have a pairing program that can produce the three dBase files.

You can enter rating reports using the online form without having a
pairing program at all, I know one TD who has submitted over 20 events
online that way already.
--
Mike Nolan