Old March 7th 05, 06:28 PM
David Ames

Default If Fischer wants out of Japanese jail

If Fischer wants out of Japanese jail, he has to remember that it is
not his country and he has no rights, except as they are gratuitously
provided to him. He has to remember who is in charge there, and he has
to show as much respect as he possibly can -- more, even, because he
has been so outrageous toward his captors. He has to take
responsibility not only for the disrespect he has shown, but also for
whatever disrespect has been perceived.

His Japanese lady friend can tell him how to write several totally
abject and humiliating apologies. But I bet Fischer won't do it
because of his arrogance in wanting to be right at all cost. Too bad,
because it is Japan's choice whether to let him go to the States or to
Iceland. If he is indicted in the States for something that is a crime
in Japan, he will go to the States. That's the way it works, and he
hasn't much time to avoid the actions of the Grand Jury that may indict
him.

David Ames

Old March 7th 05, 06:47 PM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

"David Ames" wrote:

If Fischer wants out of Japanese jail, he has to remember that it is
not his country and he has no rights, except as they are gratuitously
provided to him.

What about human rights? Or do they depend on nationality?

But I bet Fischer won't do it because of his arrogance in wanting to be
right at all cost.

Or maybe he does not want to bend to state terrorism. Which is what is at
work right now. The US is using its power to crush this one individual, and
I fear they will succeed. The US will not gain much love around the world
for this as for other of its more comprehensive terrorist actions.

Fischer will be a victim. He will be sharing the fate of Soviet dissidents.

I wouldnt wonder if he admired these guys who fell victim to the brutal
Soviet regime.

HansJ

Old March 7th 05, 09:04 PM
Tom Klem

You're kidding right?

Human rights? That's only for the United States. The other countries in this
world pretty much do as they please, within the law of the land. If they
don't have a law to cover it, they make one.

I can't wait to see the pamphlet this time.

--
Tom Klem

"If they say, 'It ain't about sex ... it's about sex', if they say, 'It's
not about the money ... it's about the money'"
---The Honorable Senator Dale Bumpers, Senate Impeachment trial of Bill
Clinton.

"Hans Jørgen Lassen" wrote in message
k...

Old March 8th 05, 12:41 PM
David Ames

Hans J=F8rgen Lassen wrote:
"David Ames" wrote:

If Fischer wants out of Japanese jail, he has to remember that it

is
not his country and he has no rights, except as they are

gratuitously
provided to him.

What about human rights? Or do they depend on nationality?

Legal rightrs can be argued in a court, subject to laws of the country.
Is there a court where Fischer can argue human rights? I am sure he
wants to argue his legal rights first.

But I bet Fischer won't do it because of his arrogance in wanting

to be
right at all cost.

Or maybe he does not want to bend to state terrorism. Which is what

is at
work right now. The US is using its power to crush this one

individual, and
I fear they will succeed. The US will not gain much love around the

world
for this as for other of its more comprehensive terrorist actions.

Fischer has always wanted to be right at all cost. I don't see why
this case is different.

Fischer will be a victim. He will be sharing the fate of Soviet

dissidents.

If Fischer is convicted in a U.S. court of law, it will be the law that
convicts him,
not politics or psychiatrists as happened in the Soviet Union.

I wouldnt wonder if he admired these guys who fell victim to the

brutal=20
Soviet regime.
=20
HansJ

Old March 8th 05, 01:08 PM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

"David Ames":

If Fischer is convicted in a U.S. court of law, it will be the law that
convicts him,
not politics or psychiatrists as happened in the Soviet Union.

They did in fact have trials under Stalin, but the outcome was predictable.
Still, it could be claimed that it was the law that convicted these enemies
of the system.
Few nations, if any, exist where the judges are totally immune to pressure
from above, below or around.
The law is not an abstraction floating securely far above political and
other interests. The judges are human beings and as such have their own
weaknesses and interests. The laws themselves are made by human beings with
some interests in view.
HansJ