Old March 11th 05, 01:47 PM
Psychopath

Default We own two spoons

Prior to last weekend, we owned two spoons. Two.

One was badly mangled due to a freak blender accident, but we used it
anyway.

The other was presumably in decent condition, but lost. It wasn't in
the corner of the shower stall floor, where I often find spoons which
have fallen into his evil clutches. You see, he likes to eat yogurt
while he's taking a shower.

The logistics of this don't make sense to me either. All I know is that
I'll step into the shower only to find a green and fuzzy spore-covered
yogurt cup staring up at me from its spot on the shower floor, creeping
slowly towards my feet.

"It's probably in one of the drawers," he said. "You're obviously not
looking."

I found Spoon Number 2 today on the bathroom floor in a corner, covered
with lumpy dried cement. A spider was guarding it carefully. The Imp
had obviously used it to mix something for one of his numerous
never-finished building projects, then dropped it onto the floor, stuck
for eternity.

I wrenched it free, almost dislodging a floor tile in the process, and
stuck it in the trash, burying it lest he try to excavate the damned
thing ("It's a perfectly good spoon, honey....")

I told him that if I find any of the shiny new silverware anywhere
other than in the sink or on the counter I reserve the right to stab
him with it.