Old March 13th 05, 01:41 AM
HB Super Event

Default AF4C

Our mission is to strengthen the minds and character of young people by
advancing chess in our schools and our culture

America's Foundation for Chess (AF4C) is committed to the education of
our children. By making chess a larger part of America's cultural
fabric - accessible in schools and in popular culture - AF4C hopes to
elevate the profile of chess in America so that it will soon become a
regular part of every child's classroom experience.

In nearly 30 nations around the world, including Venezuela, Iceland and
Russia, chess is integrated into the country's scholastic curriculum.
In the U.S., despite the numerous studies that demonstrate the impact
learning how to play chess can have on cognitive and critical thinking
skills, chess is rarely incorporated into American schools. AF4C was
founded in June 2000 to change this.

Developing a Classroom Chess Curriculum so that second and third grade
teachers can teach chess on their own and partnering with the U.S.
Chess Federation to promote the U.S. Championships are two major steps
the Foundation has taken to change the game's image in America. By
promoting scholastic chess and both national and international chess
competitions, AF4C will be on its way to helping children use chess to
exercise their minds.

Old March 13th 05, 12:37 PM
HB Super Event

Players will compete in 7 sections. The prize fund will be broken down
as follows:

Open Section:
1st place $50,000
2nd place $25,000