Old March 13th 05, 02:59 PM

Default Who's the greatest ever?

* Kasparov

* Fischer

* Karpov

* Capablanca

Old March 13th 05, 03:26 PM
Jerzy

"CS" wrote in message
oups.com...

* Kasparov
* Fischer
* Karpov
* Capablanca

You include Capablanca but leave off Lasker and Alekhine??

Do you think Lasker and Alekhine are in the same level?

It`s interesting : Lasker was the World Chess Champion longer than any other
Champ (27 years) but Alekhine was the World Chess Champ till his strange
death.

Jerzy

Old March 13th 05, 03:33 PM
[email protected]

But who would you pick?

Old March 13th 05, 03:38 PM
Jerzy

wrote in message
oups.com...
But who would you pick?

Once I thought that Fischer was greatest ever but nowadays I tend to call
Kasparov greatest ever.

I hope that he will still be active in the field of chess even if he doesn`t
play in Linares, WAZ etc ... what a pity, by the way, that we probably won`t
see him there anymore as a player.

Old March 13th 05, 04:38 PM
Taylor Kingston

CS wrote:
Do you think Lasker and Alekhine are in the same level?

I certainly think that Lasker and Alekhine belong in such a list if
it includes Capablanca.

Old March 13th 05, 06:45 PM
Jerzy

"Maria Perez" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know but I hear Kasparov and Fischer's name in the news almost
every week.

Maria
Chess Mom

And your child wants to be like Fischer or like Kasparov ?
BTW please don` t toppost I`m not used to reading from down to up.

Jerzy