Old March 15th 05, 02:54 AM
Ray Gordon

Default Well I drove Kasparov into retirement!

Sure, I start training again and Garry bails out on me, just as I was
beginning to prepare to dethrone him in ten years. Wuss.

He's whining about all the WORK he has to do to stay on top. Sounds almost
like anyone can jump in at any age now if they are willing to do the work,
since all the theory is updated so rapidly.

Poor Garry, so distracted and lazy. As the hardest working chessplayer in
America, I welcome the explosion of theory, and have no problem booking up
to move 20 or 30 and beyond. In fact, I believe chess is on the way to
being reduced to a tablebase much the way checkers is, and in the future,
near-perfect games can be played at ONE minute per side.

If Garry can't rise to that level of intensity, he's better off spewing
about politics or doing something less abstract and much more subjective.

Long live the EX-champion!

--
Ray Gordon, Author
http://www.cybersheet.com/easy.html

http://www.cybersheet.com/library.html
The Seduction Library. Four free books to get you started on your quest to
get laid.

Don't buy anything from experts who won't debate on a free speech forum.

Old March 15th 05, 01:18 PM
CS

Daily medication!

CS

Old March 16th 05, 01:22 AM
Ray Gordon

It appears some dimwits took my very sarcastic post seriously.

For the record, I don't believe that Kasparov was driven into retirement by
me. I do, however, think that perhaps he sees a revolution brewing on the
chess servers and didn't feel like intensifying his training to keep up.

Old March 19th 05, 10:21 PM

It appears some dimwits took my very sarcastic post seriously.

Not even the dimmest of wits could take your puffery seriously.

You remind me of a type my dad used to talk about. Around April, they
would be swinging a bat, "training" for the baseball season. August,
throwing a football around, "training" for football season. December,
shooting baskets, "training" for basketball season.

Trouble was, they never played any of those sports, just as you never
play in chess tournaments, but are always spouting off about
"training." If you are the hardest working chess player in America, you
have nothing to show for it. Except for a crappy bullet rating. Whoopee.